Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hello. I have the Laserjet Pro MFP M125a . the problem is that suddenly the printer is not recognisable by my windows 8 . it still works on scanner print mode and no error apears. but computer cannot recognize it. i tryed to install it on windows 7 32bit. and the computer writes that an unknown device is connected, and hp software cannot find the printer connected on my computer. i have tested mode than 2 different usb cables. How can i reset it to see it something changes? what else i can do in order my computer to see the printer?
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi@mparmpouni,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have read your post and understand that USB port not recognizing the printer.

Seems like the USB driver on your PC might be causing the issue.

You can try the following steps and check if that solves the issue.

• Click Start, and then click Run.
  • In the Open box, type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. Device Manager opens.
  • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers. ...
  • Right-click the affected USB Root Hub, and then click Uninstall to remove it.
  • Restart the computer.

Refer to the link below from Microsoft for information on USB troubleshooting.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/968132

Hope that answers you the question. Fell free to reply back for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
thanks i will try it in a few hours.
but i tried to install it also in two other computers with different operating system. but same problem in all the computers 😞 .
HP Recommended

Hi@mparmpouni,

Thanks for the quick response.

I will be eagerly waiting to hear from you.

Resolv_S

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hello. Sorry for the delay. I tryed it but nothing changed. 

in one computer i tryed the hp printer, appeared the error code 43. None of the 3 computers i tryed, recognize the printer. i think that the printer has a problem with printers usb. 
i'm living on an island. when the weather is bad, we have black outs.  and after one blackout the printer 

how can i make a reset? can i make a reset to this printer? i dont think that something will change but...

HP Recommended

@mparmpouni

Thanks for replying. 🙂 I appreciate you taking your valuable time in troubleshooting this issue. I have read the history of this case. I suggest download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software. The HP print and Scan Doctor software will identify and eliminate any print and scan issues:

If the issue still persists, then uninstall the printer drivers from root level and reinstall then by following the below steps:

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers.

Please download and install the printer drivers from this link: http://hp.care/2hgzMK6

I recommend you to perform these steps because I feel that the USB port on the printer and the PC are fine. Because the PC detects that a device is connected. But it is not able to install the drivers. If the USB ports on either the PC or the printer were bad -then the unknown device message would not display. 

I sincerely hope this resolves the issue. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

hello. sorry again for the delay. i tryed all this but nothing changed.
i communicate also with an HP authorized tech guy. we tryed some things.
he sended me also a firmware as last hope to test the printer. nothing happened also. computer's didnt be able to find the printer. i will send it back to hp and they will send me an other because it is in warranty.
thanks for the help 🙂 

HP Recommended

Hi@mparmpouni,

I suggest you try performing the hard reset on the printer using the steps below and check if that solves the issue.

1. Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  4. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  5. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  6. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  8. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.

1. Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Note: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

Hope the information shared will help you. Please share for more.

Resolv_S

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.