Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I bought a HP Officejet 6700 Premium [H711n], but since the beginning, when I print in Outlook my weekly calendar there are the lines missing in every appointment.

My System:

The system is HP Officejet 6700 Premium (all updates, driver ver:9.0.0, usbscan.sys ver:6.1.7600.16385, HPScanTRDrv_OJ6700.dll ver:25.0.614.0, HPWia2_OJ6700.dll ver:24.5.276.0, ), Windows 7 SP1 32-Bit (all updates) and Microsoft Outlook 2007 SP3 (all updates). The system is connected with the printer via USB, not WiFi or so.

My Problem:

When I print my weekly Outlook-calendar with my new Officejet, the upper and bottom lines in all appointments is missing. I made some small arrows in the picture, to show that the appointments are blocking the timelines.(see scan & Outlook screenshot).Kalender-Scan-3.gif

Test Kalender.PNG

a) When I use my PDF-printer with Outlook to create a PDF file of my calendar, the exported PDF is perfect. If I THEN open the PDF with my viewer and print the calendar page with my Officejet, the print looks like it should look. (see screenshot)

Test Kalender Ausdruck und PDF.PNG

b) My old, but broken printer, a LEXMARK C530DN, printed the calendar pages always correctly.

My Settings:

Since I bought and installed the printer some weeks ago, I did not change anything on the settings of the HP driver. It‘s plain vanilla. The problem was there since the beginning. I once tried to solve it by changing the quality from „normal“ to „optimal“, but it did not help, so I set it back.

Other problems with printing:

No, everything else worked except printing the Outlook calendar.

I think, this are enough details to reproduced the problem easily.

Any idea apart from the work-around with my pdf printer? Could perhaps there something wrong with the HP driver itself? (Just an small idea... )

Best Regards,

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Raysy,

Are you still experiencing issues?  Did the suggestions help?

Regards,

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
Thank You,
I work for HP.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello,

Did you install the Software from the inbox CD or download from HP web site?

Regards,

I work for HP

Reminder: Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question. Also, you may select the "Kudos" button on any helpful post to give that person a quick thanks.
HP Recommended

Hello,

@ConsumerInk wrote:

Did you install the Software from the inbox CD or download from HP web site?

I really do not remember. Does it matter, if I ran the "HP Update" programm" right then after first installation? I installed the updates, if there were such updates. Right now I ran the HP Update check and it showed no updates avaiable. It only offered me the installation of "HP Photo Creations Software for OfficeJet Ink Combo Packs", which I don't need.

So nothing changed. 😞

Regards,

Michael

Edit: spelling errors

HP Recommended

Hi Raysy,

This issue seems to be application specific.  It could be that Outlook is overriding the system dialog or the designed driver cannot accept the specified formatting of the print job as set by Outlook.  Please try the below work around options.  If you would like more information about your product, Click Here

Try this:

1. Add a generic driver.  Here is a link that will provide steps for that.  Click Here

A. Use the Deskjet 9800 driver rather than the 990c/450 indicated in link

or

2. Print in draft mode

Hope this helps!  Let me know how it goes, I would be happy to help!

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
Thank You,
I work for HP.
HP Recommended

Hi Raysy,

Are you still experiencing issues?  Did the suggestions help?

Regards,

Thank You,
I work for HP.
HP Recommended

Hi FixPrint,

thank you very much.

The draft mode solution did not help, but the generic driver version did work!

I installed the "Deskjet 9800 driver" for calendar print-outs as an additional driver and renamed it "calendar", because I assumed that the driver specially made for my "Officejet 6700 Premium" is better optimized for other uses. Now I just have to choose "Calendar" as a "Printer" in Outlook to get the right print-out.

regards,

Michael

HP Recommended

I have been experiencing this problem with the newest version of Outlook anbd Excel.  I have spoken with Microsoft at length and they have given up and asked me to talk with HP instead.  I am using an HP Envy 4500.  I have two of them.  I think the problem was introduced when I installed Office 365.  Microsoft  found this forum and we tried pretty much everything here.  

My print from Outlook does not print the colors that identify my tasks in addition to omitting the lines.

Printing Ecel spreadsheets are also problematic as they prinbt every other or fewer of the lines.

Microsoft worked on this for hours to no avail and HP  also worked it for hours and eventually installed what I call a work-around.,  The issue is still open with both vendors.  

I now have an extra driver installed (twice) to use for my printers.  It does not connect to a printer status box for hplding, pausing or cancelling print jobs.  Looks like I will be back talking with both entities in the next week.  Is anyone else using the HP Envy having this problem.

Thank you

Loretta, I am not a student,  Pirozzi

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.