Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 7520 Photosmart printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP 7520 Wireless Photosmart printer- Windows 10 (64-bit)

I used to have an icon that I could select to check the ink levels, clean cartridges, align printer heads and order ink supplies  but the icon to select this utility has disappeared.  It seems that it occurred after a Windows 10 update but cannot state for sure.  I am not technical and have no idea how to restore this utility.  The printer works fine and I can use the printer display to get some of the information but I prefer using the desktop utility.  I would appreciate any help as I have no idea how to restore this utility.

Thank you............Ralph

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ramirez

You are welcome, Ralph. 🙂  Thanks for getting back to me. 

Yes, you may uninstall the present driver and then install the downloaded drivers.

You need to download and then install the driver  PS750_1315-1.exe.

Take you time and let me know the results. Happy shopping. 🙂

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@ramirez

Hi Ralph, I would like to take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. I came across you post and would like to help. I understand that the icon for your HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer has vanished from the computer screen post Windows 10 upgrade. 

This has happened because the printer drivers/software were for the older version of Windows and now need to be updated for Windows 10. I suggest you to uninstall the older drivers/software for the printer before downloading the new drivers/software for Windows 10. To know how to uninstall printer drivers in Windows, please click on this link: http://hp.care/2gFmunf

Once you have uninstalled the printer drivers/software, please download the Windows 10 compatible drivers/software from this link and then install them. This will make the printer icon to reappear on the computer screen: http://hp.care/2faYlGW

I sincerely hope this helps. Feel free to reach out to us for any further help. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you Kazi for your prompt response to my problem.  I had problems with my printer changing the mode to wireless and finally ended up downloading and installing the current drivers several weeks after Windows 10 (x64) was finally running smoothly.  I can't say for sure that it is the most current driver(s) but when I go to the Device Manager and select update driver and to search online for the most current driver the message "the best driver software for your device is installed" is displayed.

These are the drivers currently installed:

c:/WINDOWS32/system32/drivers/ksthunk.sys

c:/WINDOWS32/system32/drivers/serscan.sys

c:/WINDOWS32/system32/HPScanTRDrv_PS7520.dll

c:/WINDOWS32/system32/HPWia2_PS7520.dll

I had so much trouble getting the wireless/network function to work I want to make sure I don't have the current drivers already installed. My system is 64 bit, could this be the problem as system32 is displayed by the Device Manager.

Can you tell if these drivers are the most current.  As you can see I am not a PC technical person.  I grew up in the Mainframe world before PC's became widely used so I must apologize for my ignorance. 

Again, thank you very much for your help.

Regards.............Ralph

HP Recommended

@ramirez

Hi Ralph, you are welcome. I appreciate you working on this case with me. 

The drivers list you mentioned are the system files of the drivers. With this information I cannot check if these are the most updated drivers because these are a few files from the thousands of files which form the drivers. 

However, the link (http://hp.care/2faYlGW) I sent in my previous post contains the updated drivers for Windows 10 64bit. Once you update to the latest drivers, the printer icon should come up on the computer screen. The updated drivers would not have an impact on the printer's network connectivity. Let me know if you have any more questions. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks again Kazi, sorry for such a late response but Christmas shopping and grandkid duties has taken me away from my computer but got some time today to read your reply.  I have downloaded the driver you indicated but will have to wait until tomorrow for the install.  Do I uninstall the current driver via the Device Manager then do an update pointing to the driver I downloaded or do I just run the PS750_1315-1.exe.  Incidentally the driver I had previously installed was PS7520_1315.exe.

I will await your reply before continuing.

:generic: Thanks again for your help.............Ralph

HP Recommended

@ramirez

You are welcome, Ralph. 🙂  Thanks for getting back to me. 

Yes, you may uninstall the present driver and then install the downloaded drivers.

You need to download and then install the driver  PS750_1315-1.exe.

Take you time and let me know the results. Happy shopping. 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks again Kazi, hope to make the change today or tomorrow.  I'll let you know how it works out.:smileyhappy:

Best Regards...............Ralp

HP Recommended

Kazi, uninstalled current driver and installed the driver you pointed me to and HOORAY....it worked.  Thank you so much, can't beat support like you provided, great Forum and fantastic guys like you providing your expertise to us ignorant users.

Many thanks again :smileyhappy::smileyhappy:

Best Regards...........Ralph

HP Recommended

Tried clicking on the thumbs up but it wouldn't take.  Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Anyway, problem solved with your great support...........Ralph

HP Recommended

Finally figured out that I had to click on the + sign to give the Thumbs Up.

Thanks again.................Ralph

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.