Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Color laserjet Pro MFP M277dw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Colorlaserjet MFP M277dw is 4-6 weeks from purchased date.

saturday 11.02.2017 control panel is displaying - - - - Ready 2 Download fw is corrupt

Have checked various options via web and forum to reset machine, unistall and reinstall software and also update firmware with HP LaserJet Pro M277 series Firmware Update Utility - M277_MFP_Series_FW_Update-20160921 with no success.

Can someone assist with how to rectify this problem 

23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

Hello@bazbazooka

Welcome to the HP Forums!!

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand you have an error message displayed on your printer.Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.I'll be more than glad to help you out.

I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen. You can try performing a reset on the printer.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again.

Cheers, have a nice day.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

my Mums Printer has excactly the same Problem since today. I tried to reinstall the Firmware with the HP Firmware Utility but after some minutes the Error appeard again. 

Can you tell me too please, which possibilies i have to fix this Error. 

Model is also the Color Laserjet Mfp M277dw. 

thank a lot

Viper

HP Recommended

@Viper1989

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are getting the error message on the printer. 

I would like to help you resolve this issue.

I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer.

Let me know how it goes.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Let me know how you make out.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Having the exact same problem with my printer. Please help! Seems I need to reset mine some way too.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@Minitruk

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! After reading your post I see that you are getting 'Firmware Corrupt Ready 2 Download' error message on HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw printer. I would like to help you out with this issue today.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Since the reset information is sensitive and requires protection, I've shared it via the private message,

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I too am having the same problem.  Please provide the process to correct this error ASAP.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  What's the solution?  And why do you keep sending it in private messages?  why don't you post it publicaly so that everyone can benefit?

HP Recommended

My printer is attached to a wired network connection. I was able to temporarily resolve the issue by doing the following steps:

1. Uninstalled the printer driver from my computer.
  2. Disconnected the Ethernet cable.
  3. Preformed a reset of the printer.
    1. Turned off the printer with the power switch
    2. Waited 1 minute.
    3. Powered up
    4. Immediately pressed the lower right corner of the touch screen and held my finger on it until I saw the message “Permanent Storage Init” was displayed.
  4. The error message went away and the screen was normal.
  5. Reconnected and reloaded the driver and firmware updates.

This resolved it for the evening but returned the next morning and I was no longer able to reset the printer as described above until I disconnected the printer from the LAN and connected it using a USB cable and that I attached to a laptop. Right now everything seems to be working.  I don’t k now if it will last.  I reinstalled the firmware via the USB cable this time.

HP Recommended

@mgland1722.  Thanks I appreciate it.  Do you also have the MFP m277dw?

And how did you update the firmware?

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.