Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
A cleaner utility has removed my scan.msi file for my oj6110.  I have lost my install CD.  Where can I find this file to download?
24 REPLIES 24
HP Recommended

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=79477&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us&submit=Go%20%C2%BB#

You can download software and drivers from the website.  Maybe do a re-install.

HTH!

Amy

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  I do have factory CD, but will not correct.  I have 15 pages of Do This from support and nothing is working.

HP Recommended

WHERE CAN I FIND THIS FILE?

HP Recommended

Scan.msi is missing

HP Recommended

Missing scan.msi file.  Where can I get download?

HP Recommended

scan.msi problem.jpghttp://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html  This is the HP support page just type in your printers full model number like Officejet B5669a and it will show you driver& soft ware choices I get the one that says full_Win_

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.
HP Recommended

Yes - I had done that.  Re-downloaded driver.  Image Zone wont open - message is "An outgoing call cannot be made since the application is dispatching an input-synchronous call".  A tough one!! (The driver works OK on my PC nut not the laptop"

HP Recommended

Am I understanding you have the HP solution Center on both your PC desktop & on your Laptop ? Is your PC wired to a wireless router and is your laptop wireless to your router. if so try putting a RJ45 wire in your laptop and see if that helps.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.
HP Recommended

Thanks Rudi

About a year ago I lost Windows on my PC and as the installation CD SW didn't work I downloaded it from MS.  Then this week I downloaded a version for my laptop.  The look & feel of the two versions is completely different.  The problem now is that sometimes the laptop version works and sometimes it doesn't.  When it doesn't it cannot find the scan.msi file, even alo I have copied one from my installation disk.  (Interestly a file search on my PC can't find a scan.msi file!!).  The problem is that I can't work out what the sequence is that occurs when a scan does work!!

Ivan

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.