Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP J6480
Microsoft Windows Vista

My Solution Center vanished. I used my CD that come with the printer. It list 5 choices. 1-Add a device 2-Register Product 3-Exceptional Online offers 4-Reconfigure Network Setting 5-Uninstall. I chose #1 Add a device. It then switches screen and I pulled the USB plug out of computer like the instructions said. It started to run then said to connect USB plug. I did this  so it could continue. I finally checked the box it it continued on. Said I you could finish software installation. No Solution Center or scanner. Prints though. Where did I go wrong. This is driving me bonkers!:)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

WILL SOMEBODY TELL HOW CEASE BEING A MEMBER OF THIS COMUNITY FORUM> PLEASE!!:(

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @CSAHANK – Hope you are well!

Welcome to the HP Forum! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I understand you are having issues accessing the HP Solution and while scanning. I would suggest you reinstall the updated drivers. Try the steps below:

• Unplug the USB cable from the printer and computer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Officejet printer entries including the HP solution center and uninstall them.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click on http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software10/COL24399/mp-62866-1/OJJ6400_Full_10.exe to download and install the new printer drivers.
  • Connect the USB cable if prompted and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Take me off Discussion Board. I give up! None of the installation programs. Don't know how to delete me in the Discussion Board. I will never buy HP Printers again:!

HP Recommended

DVortex:

Well I did everything you said but NO cigar. There was no references to HP in Control Panel. It loaded none of the software programs and no Solution Center. I pull the USB before I installed the software. Pulled out cable from printer side. Doesn't make any difference does it? I don't know why it won't continue unless you check of box. It says check box and that you complete software installation later. (How) Still prints though! No scanner.

Thanks for the effort! HP must be shot for making such a crummy installation program:)

HP Recommended

DVortex

I've seen on Amazon a review made in 2008 where a man says he had a time install HP J6480 software and driver and he said he finally disabled his firewall on his security program and it finally installed all software plus Solution Center.

Can you ask someone at HP printer suppport if that could be my program? I have Norton Security Suite and Malware Bytes. I have to disable Norton when I do a System Restore. Thanks!:)

HP Recommended

DVortex

Made some headway but no success. Almost made a complete install. It quit at 96% and give this error box to sent to HP. Tried the solutions but finally it said reinstall another updated driver installation program. I found out by the doing the other setup program (not one with blackish icon)That it installed enough to make a uninstall icon in Control Panel.

I uninstalled it then and rebooted , unpluged USB cable. Downloaded your installation program and he worked untill

the error I mentioned above. It needs a expert. You may be one but I need you here. I believe REVO Uninstaller messed the program to start. I was new to program and probably messed up on installing another program. Anyway if  you are able follow what I did you doing good. Thank you for making a effort on reinstallling my printer.:))

HP Recommended

WILL SOMEBODY TELL HOW CEASE BEING A MEMBER OF THIS COMUNITY FORUM> PLEASE!!:(

HP Recommended

No help from this community. Trash the J6480 printer for a Epson WF-2650 😞

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.