Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 7520
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I recently changed my network password.  I then went into Wireless Set-Up on my printer & changed the password there.  Now my wireless printer is showing up as being Offline.  The printer indicates that it is connected to the network.   I went to Devices & Printers in the Control Panel.  I rightclicked but cannot find where I can reset the printer to Online.  What do I do to get it back online?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@DebDeb1539,

Do you have any type of security or firewall programs enabled on the computer? 

When you run the HP Print and Scan Doctor what are the results?

I will watch for your reply.

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @DebDeb1539,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! 🙂 I understand you have recently changed your wireless password and now your HP Photosmart 7520 is showing as offline.

I would like you to get started here: Printer is Offline (Windows)

Are you now back online and able to print and scan to your HP Photosmart 7520?

Let me know the outcome. If this resolves the issue please let others know by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".  To simply say thanks, click the "Thumbs up" below!  🙂  If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. 

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I went in on the Control Panel on my laptop & everything looks good there except that it shows the printer as being offline.  I then disconnected my printer per the instructions you gave me the link to; restarted my computer & then connected the printer.  It shows the wifi is connected but it is still offline.

HP Recommended

@DebDeb1539,

Do you have any type of security or firewall programs enabled on the computer? 

When you run the HP Print and Scan Doctor what are the results?

I will watch for your reply.

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Ok  i had ran the HP Print & Scan previously & it had me download some software for my printer, and nothing happened.  I now tried it again & MY PRINTER IS NOW ONLINE!!  I think disconnecting my printer & reconnecting was the trick.  Thank you so much for your help HevnLgh!!

HP Recommended

My printer is set to offline and i need to change to online.  How

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.