Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart Prem C410 series
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

My printer is not printing. It is making the effort and sounds like it is printing, but the pages come out mostly blank. some item print, some do not. I have checked and my supply levels of my ink are good. I am not sure why this is happening. For example, there was a map with directions printed on the bottom. The map printed, the directions did not. Also, an application form that should have printed out black did not print out at all. Another form that just had black writing on it, some printed, some did not. The device is about 6 years old. 

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@JacquieM

Thanks for the super quick reply. Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.Kudos to you.

Here are a few other steps you can try: Click here

Please let me know how this goes.

I genuinely hope that the issue gets resolved without hassles.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello@JacquieM

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums.I came across your message about the printing issue with your HP printer and wanted to pop in to help.This issue can be fixed by updating your Mac and then resetting the printing system.

Try the steps below:

* Click the Apple menu icon, and then click “System Preferences”.

* Click “Printers and Scanner” / “Print and Scan” or “Print and Fax”.

* Right-click the blank space in the Printers list, and then click “Reset printing system”.

* Click “Reset” in the confirmation window.

* Enter an administrator username and password, and then click “OK”.

* Wait until the printing system is reset and no devices show in the Printers list

* Click the “Add button” (+).

* Find, and then select the name of your printer from the printer list, and then click “Add” to add your printer.

* Click “Print Using...”, and then select the name of your printer (By default “Airprint” would be selected)

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Sizzlingsum_13,

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately it did not change anything. Any other thoughts?

Best,

Jacquie

HP Recommended

@JacquieM

Thanks for the super quick reply. Superb job on trying the different steps to isolate the issue.Kudos to you.

Here are a few other steps you can try: Click here

Please let me know how this goes.

I genuinely hope that the issue gets resolved without hassles.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Regards,
Sizzlingsum_13
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there, Thank you. This helped me to figure out it was a printhead issue. It seems to replace the printhead would be just as expensive as buying a new printer. So, now I'll have to figure out which I will do.

This was very helpful. Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.