Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Tried your version and it worked.

Thank you, Thank you

HP Recommended

Fantastic tip!  I spent HOURS working on this before I read CliffH's post.  It works perfectly!

Thanks, CliffH.

HP Recommended

I have tried the hp 970 driver and my printer just ran and ran and would not quite wasting paper. It would print a few lines of garbage and start on the next page and would not quite until I unplugged it.

I then tried Photosmart 7200 driver and it worked but only briefly. Now I really need to print in color and the dammed thing will not work at all. So I uninstalled the printer rebooted the computer and then reinstalled the 7200 and still nothing.  HP has gotten me so frustrated I have made up my mind to never buy another HP product again.

Does anyone have any more suggestions I can try.

HP Recommended

I need a driver for my old Hp printer hp Photosmart 1115

HP Recommended

@asfkan wrote:

I need a driver for my old Hp printer hp Photosmart 1115

Please read this entire thread, it discusses in some detail how to apply the Deskjet 970 drivers available through Windows Update.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Thank you for sharing this valuable information!  I just hated to throw or give away my Photosmart 1115, it has been such a great printer and I just brought two new 45 ink cartridges for it just before I purchased my new HP Pavillion HPE. Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I HAVE BOUGHT AN HP PHOTOSMART 1115 LONG TOME AGO (2002) CAN I DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE TO USE MY PRINTER ON WINDOWS 7? PLEASE CAN YOU HELP?

BEST REGARDS

FRANK PLEVEN.

HP Recommended

@dsoncom wrote:

Hi,

I HAVE BOUGHT AN HP PHOTOSMART 1115 LONG TOME AGO (2002) CAN I DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE TO USE MY PRINTER ON WINDOWS 7? PLEASE CAN YOU HELP?

BEST REGARDS

FRANK PLEVEN.

The answer is in this thread, apply the Deskjet 970cse driver as shown in this document.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I don't have any desk jet 9xx drivers in my list of desk jet drivers when I attempt to install.  didn't really want to start trial and error on the tons of other drivers there.   why am i not seeing the 970Cse printer?

HP Recommended

Hi coto_tom,

I see that you are interested in the HP Deskjet 970cse Printer Drivers, but were unable to find it in your list of available print drivers. Go ahead and download the Deskjet 970cse Printer Driver, once on the page please select your current Operating system from the drop down list and continue with the download.

I hope you find this helpful, please let me know if you require more help.

Thanks in advance,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.