Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I am setting up a print server and it needs *.inf driver files for my HP OfficeJet 5610 All-in-one printer. Where can i find them? I've installed the drivers on my PC, but they come as *.exe files that will not extract to give the *.inf files. Can anyone help?
14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can download the driver/software from HP website (www.hp.com) by searching for "HP OfficeJet 5610 All-in-one" on that. If the downloaded file is an EXE file, double click it and extract. Then you can find the driver inf inside the extracted folder.

Good Luck! 

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Richard
HP Recommended

Richard,

I tried what you suggested, but the executable does not unzip the driver files, it installs some applications and as part of that loads the drivers without telling you where the drivers are.  Do you happen to know where the driver files are installed? 

HP Recommended

Sorry. It seems you downloaded the Full Feature software package. And after double-click the exe file you may see a "extracted" winodw with a percentage bar, right? If so, please:

1. Click Start->Run, type %temp% and enter. It may direct you to the Temp folder.

2. The extract folder will be here, normally it is named as "7zSDF?.tmp"

Richard
HP Recommended

Richard,

I tried what you suggested without success. I'm getting an error message that says "hpzimc09.dll" is needed and not found. should i look for a different driver package and then repeat this? I've tried with two driver packages available on the HP support website, DRV-CDB-enu.exe and EP-CDB-ENU.exe, with the same results. Should I try a different driver package? Are the drivers available as a standalone on the website?

Thanks,   

HP Recommended

Did you ever install other HP printer on the same PC? Because I tested the driver on a clean PC, but didn't get the problem you mentioned. I also can't find "hpzimc09.dll" in the driver. Here is a similar thread, not sure if it is helpful.

PS1: The 2 driver packages you downloaded are both fine. If your network is good, I suggest you install the full software/driver package (the 300MB one). 

PS2: after you extracted the downloaded exe file, if you can't find the extracted files in %temp% folder, you can go to "C:\Temp" folder to look for it.

Richard
HP Recommended

What a brutal install process. I have the same issue, trying to install the printer on a Buffalo NAS as the print server. Why can't we just download the printer drivers? I get that same error - looking for hpzimc09.dll and the only one I found is hpzimc12.dll. However, this won't work.

I can't imagine why HP makes things so difficult.

HP Recommended

Did you ever find the autorun.inf file?  I'm having the same problem ... I only get .exe files

HP Recommended

Hello, First I would like to say that I dont like what HP does, I dont want all your software cloging up my computer. What I want if for the hardware I have purchased from you to work the way I want to. Nothing more nothing less. Please give your customers the chance to pick the software they want and not fill up the pc with trash.

PlanoStar
You will find the x86 inf file in the Windows XP Package, it about an 68mb download, just extract EP-CDB-enu_NB.exe using Winrar.

And ofcourse after the hours spent, with HP trolling you, you would think you are done. Think again. Microsoft will pick up the tradition with some Install x86 Medea ntprint.inf BS. to solve this problem download the files needed from here.

It will save you hours instead of mounting AIO images and whatever.

Ps. I have just registered with HP with the sole reason of making this post, and I would just like to say that hp support is rubbish.

HP Recommended

Well I wasn't too happy either at first.  I was trying to network the HP printer to be connected to my wife's HP desktop and my Toshiba lap-top.  The Toshiba running Linux networked OK through the print server but the HP wanted a *.inf file not a *.exe file. So couldn't get it to work.  Ended up buying a USB extension cable to just plug her PC into the printer when she really needed it.  Turned out to be the ideal solution since she wastes too much paper printing every little thing.  So I wouldn't use the solution even if a team of HP service people came to my house and installed it.  Thanks for the WinRAR tip.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.