Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hey guys,

I don't know if someone still cares, but there is a workaround for the problem.

Someone stated on the Net that the drivers for HP Deskjet 3600 would work with the Officejet 5610, too.

And he was right. I downloaded the driver for the 3653 model, extracted the .exe file using 7zip and used the .inf-file in the folder 3600\deu\drivers\win2k_xp\hpf3600k.inf. The folder names might vary according to your language and OS, but at least for me it works now.

I only signed up on here for posting this message, so I guess I won't be around after writing this.

Good luck

Carsten

HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for your effort. Won't be able to try your sugestion for a few weeks.  Other stuff going on. Sorry.

-walt

HP Recommended

@PlanoStar wrote:
I am setting up a print server and it needs *.inf driver files for my HP OfficeJet 5610 All-in-one printer. Where can i find them? I've installed the drivers on my PC, but they come as *.exe files that will not extract to give the *.inf files. Can anyone help?

HP Recommended

Hi,  have you tried the trick suggested by Carsten in the earlier part of this thread?  He basically used the HP3600 series driver to run his 5610, which I guess was available with a  *.inf    ...  I never tried it because I had already given up and got a USB switch-box.  But I was curious if it worked.

-walt

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  Did anyone ever just get the driver files?  HP, I don't need a gigantic file!  I only need the driver.  I tried the USB connection, but it won't work.  I this printer worked fine, but I had to rebuild my machine so now need the drriver.  It's networked.  If anyone has it, please let me know. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.