Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP DESKJET 850c
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hello guys i'm writting from Venezuela my main language is Spanish, i was doing a research in HP forums and drivers, about my DeskJet 850c and i can't find a way to install the drivers I've tried already (add a printer) windows update, but seems like window 7 doesnt list the Hp 850c model.... only listed my other print all in-one f300 series, my deskjet 850 is connected to a parallel port, it appears connected in Device Manager but once i search for drivers it doesnt found any driver...

I really need to install/found a solution to my deskjet 850c its for my parients plz! Smiley Sad

i dont have a FLoppy driver  to extract hp850C items from the disket

So sorry for bothering you with this ancient Deskjet but its very neccesary, Venezuela situation is tought , i can't buy a new Printer, and the f380-all in-one printer in Venezuela we cant find the Cartridges its very spensive we barely can buy food..

So once again hope you guys can help me, if someone has files extracted from a diskette plz send me to my email
(removed content)

thanks Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks alot heheh, and yeah finally I manage to resolve this problem. First off i tried to extract from  windows xp  service pack  3 the files  but without any luck...  then  I just checked my mom pc were it was installed a version of  Windows xp service pack 2

after that i just    grab    from xp2 a file called  NTPRINTER.INF and some files from the ( i386-cabdrivers)  and i did extracted all  those files to  my windows 7 desktop, then i  added  new printer in (device/printers), then i selected the option Lp1 printers, and suddenly it pop-up  many new drivers and different print drivers but none related to my HP 850c deskjetp, but without any luck i decide to press the button (i have a diskette) then i just select from i386 xp2 drivers the NTPRINTER.INF and suddenly it pop ups the 850 hewlett deskjet in the list of drivers I grabed  and  installed the 850c but as you know not everything is easy... then suddenly  it bring me some errors by requesting me files like HPVJ800.dll  .gpd  .imc like 10 files and i was like grabbing all from the i386 cab xp2 until finally  i Installed the drivers , it throw me  an error after that, but printer was all funtionally

except that, the first print gave me like (ASCII ERROR) at the top of the paper... like weird codes  ∟/╧?? ±,7♂▬!Xc, s, then i printed for a second time and everything was very good,  my only concern is that i'm  worried about get again the same (symbols errors)  :s

sorry for my bad English hope you can understand me 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

En la siguiente página encontré unas sugerencias para su impresora, ojalá le funcione y ojalá la situación en su país mejore muy pronto.

Saludos desde EEUU!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/HP-850C-DESKJET-PRINTER/td-p/398769

HP Recommended

hello diamante do you speak spanish rigth? otherwhise i can do my best to explain in English

Hola Diamante gracias por ayudarme, yo ya habia entrado a sugerencias de la HP, e incluso habia entrado precisamente en
aca publico una url
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/HP-850C-DESKJET-PRINTER/td-p/398769

el coloco una pagina:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7hardware/thread/9b86e001-40a6-4d1f-9302-668955d19...
Dice invalid url <-- invalid url,  where can i find the cache version? donde puedo encontrar la cache version?

No consigo los drivers de 870 o 660

Diamante mi duda era la siguiente:
Que pasaria si conecto la impresora 850c en una computadora con Windows xp, es posible que me instale los drivers en esa computadora? y de alli pueda entrar a Windows32, y extraer los archivos .inf que trae windows xp para las impresoras?
Y luego agarrar esos archivos .inf y pasarlos al window7 y pegarlos en el windows32, y luego añadir una nueva impresora y ver si me detecta los drivers y utilizar el windows update

I have a question, what if i connect my printer in a Windows Xp computer, and use the  device and printers option to add a new printer and try to see if Windows xp installl the hewlet 850c hp in that machine, to then go to navigate to windows32 files and try to aim for the .inf files of print? then just copy and paste into my windows 7? do you think thats could work? i was thinking about copy paste .inf in windows 7 and try to see if windows can find old drivers like 840-850 870 or 660 for my 850c, because seems like my window 7 doesnt recognize any driver....

Thank you

HP Recommended

SpeedlinkHaze, ya veo que estás muy adelantado en tus investigaciones!

You have some good ideas and it sounds like you will find a solution--the idea of transferring files from XP just might work. Or maybe you have an acquaintance who has a floppy drive that you could borrow to access the old driver files?

In any case, tomorrow is HP Expert Day on this forum, so maybe then would be a good time for you to post another question. I'm sorry I can't give you any more detailed advice. Please post again and tell us about the solution that you discover.

Best wishes to you.

HP Recommended

Thanks alot heheh, and yeah finally I manage to resolve this problem. First off i tried to extract from  windows xp  service pack  3 the files  but without any luck...  then  I just checked my mom pc were it was installed a version of  Windows xp service pack 2

after that i just    grab    from xp2 a file called  NTPRINTER.INF and some files from the ( i386-cabdrivers)  and i did extracted all  those files to  my windows 7 desktop, then i  added  new printer in (device/printers), then i selected the option Lp1 printers, and suddenly it pop-up  many new drivers and different print drivers but none related to my HP 850c deskjetp, but without any luck i decide to press the button (i have a diskette) then i just select from i386 xp2 drivers the NTPRINTER.INF and suddenly it pop ups the 850 hewlett deskjet in the list of drivers I grabed  and  installed the 850c but as you know not everything is easy... then suddenly  it bring me some errors by requesting me files like HPVJ800.dll  .gpd  .imc like 10 files and i was like grabbing all from the i386 cab xp2 until finally  i Installed the drivers , it throw me  an error after that, but printer was all funtionally

except that, the first print gave me like (ASCII ERROR) at the top of the paper... like weird codes  ∟/╧?? ±,7♂▬!Xc, s, then i printed for a second time and everything was very good,  my only concern is that i'm  worried about get again the same (symbols errors)  :s

sorry for my bad English hope you can understand me 🙂

HP Recommended

Well let's hope that the funny characters were just a one-time hiccup. You should mark your last post as the solution for this thread!

Claro que entendí lo que escribiste y me alegra que hayas encontrado una solución sin tener que comprar nada!

Saludos

HP Recommended

Listo ya la marke como resuelta

Done i mark as solved 🙂 hope most people with these ancient print can solve their prints.

HP Recommended

Did you get good solution  on last autumn 2016 when you asked for 850C drivers etc..

Now I have same problem when I have the printer and have to get it connected to USB-connector (I have cable for that; usb 1.1 compatible).

so if you have already solved the case, please let me know what to do. I am trying to use this printer for XP-software,  service pack 2 installed. This PC will be for my hobby (to get timing on cross-country-competitions and to print start and result listing on it).

Reino K, Finland

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.