Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Color Laserjet PRO MFPF 377dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After removal of the HP printer driver pack, all attempts at reinstallation via WLAN regurlarly fail before completion, indicating that the device cannot be found. I have to connect the printer physically to the PC by USB cable in order to install the software successfully. When I switch to WLAN wireless connection afterwards, the printer works perfectly within the network. If I remove the USB cable, the following error message appears when I try to start HP Scan: HP CLJM377 Scan not found . In other words, HP Scan cannot be used with a PC not connected by USB cable. All other remote features of the printer function normally within the wireless network, including HP Scan & Capture. Is there some possibility to correct this via the Windows registry of my PCs?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@A4Apollo wrote:

Hello! @Chirsistei, your description of HP product is classified as a commercial product (business line). Our Commercial Support Team does not provide assistance via enter channel here. If you require immediate assistance, you will need to log a case with our Commercial Support Team. Click this link http://ow.ly/I3gw30140F8 for details.
Let me know if you require further information and/or assistance.

Have a great day!

Cheers! 🙂

Hello Chetan,

I think I am in the wrong forum here because I live in Switzerland and hereabouts the Color Laserjet Pro M377dw is sold to private users. I have no access to a support plan and use the printer in my home office network. Your suggested solution therefore does not help me, Meanwhile, I have posted this problem in the German language forum so you do not need to pursue this further. Thank you anyway 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello! @Chirsistei, your description of HP product is classified as a commercial product (business line). Our Commercial Support Team does not provide assistance via enter channel here. If you require immediate assistance, you will need to log a case with our Commercial Support Team. Click this link http://ow.ly/I3gw30140F8 for details.

Have a great day!

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@A4Apollo wrote:

Have a great day!

Cheers! 🙂

Hello Chetan,

I think I am in the wrong forum here because I live in Switzerland and hereabouts the Color Laserjet Pro M377dw is sold to private users. I have no access to a support plan and use the printer in my home office network. Your suggested solution therefore does not help me, Meanwhile, I have posted this problem in the German language forum so you do not need to pursue this further. Thank you anyway 

HP Recommended

the 377DW does not offer what it says in the technical specifications.
I have two routers that have to cover my entire home and of course 2 different networks.
I connected 377DW wire to one network and wireless to the other, so go to the wired
network listing / scanning and the wireless can not connect to 377dw.
if it's business 377dw can solve manage both networks at the same time with different settings?
Nowhere in writing the equipment does not write that it should be used either wired or wireless,
NOT both and simulataneosly.

Please solve quickly and notify me !
Thanks in advance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.