Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8630
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I recently installed the HP Easy Start driver version 2.5.0.144, released Dec. 15, 2016. It has decidedly harmed my printer's performance.

My printer is connected over my WiFi network. Printing used to be instantaneous, but now it takes a few minutes before it begins printing. It's also chopped about a 1/4" to 1/2" from my print margins.

I completely uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it, and also updated to the newest firmware. No improvement. My other computer still uses the older driver and it doesn't have these issues, so the problem clearly lies with the driver.

I tried downloading the old driver, but HP only lists the new driver.

It's frustrating that my printer worked perflectly well, and is only facing issues because I downloaded the newest driver (silly me). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ryantdarby

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

Thank you for clarifying with the details,

I recommend installing the Print Driver Using Apple Software Update:

Step 1: Confirm the printer is supported

Before installing the driver, make sure that your printer has a driver available for Mac OS X 10.6. Some newer HP printers are no longer supported in this operating system.

Go to Printer and scanner software available for download for Mac OS X Snow Leopard v10.6.8 (in English).

• If your printer is supported, continue to the next step to connect your printer.

• If your printer is not supported, you have the option to install a third party Gutenprint driver that provides basic print functionality. Go to Gimp-Print to download the driver. Gutenprint drivers are not supported by HP or Apple.

Step 2: Connect the printer to your computer or network

For Apple Software Update to install the correct driver, the printer must be connected to your Mac or to a wired or wireless network, and you need an active Internet connection.

Click here for more steps

If isues persists and the Printing is slow (Mac): Click here for more information.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@ryantdarby

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand the printer doesn't work after the recent update the Sierra,

Please download and install the HP Easy Scan App to see if that will allow you to scan from the ADF. Use the HP Easy Scan App.

·         HP Easy Scan

If an item is loaded into the ADF, HP Easy Scan automatically defaults to the ADF as the source. To manually select the ADF, open the Presets menu, select Edit Settings, then select Document Feeder from the Source menu.

·         Apple Image Capture

In the Scan Mode menu, select Document Feeder.

·         HP Scan

If an item is loaded into the ADF, HP Scan automatically defaults to the ADF as the source. To manually select the ADF, click Scan, click Show Details, select Document from the Type menu, then select Document Feeder from the Source menu.

I also suggest using the Apple Scan while you wait for the HP software to be updated. You can use the following link to confirm your printer is still compatible with your OS: Printer and scanner software for MacOS Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, and Mavericks.

Mac Basics: Using a scanner

For related links, please click here.

To troubleshoot MacOS Sierra Problems: Click here

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, scanning works from the ADF, but scanning isn't my issue. My problem is (1) the print margins have shrunk, and (2) it takes much longer for the printer to begin my print jobs.

Is there any advice you can offer?

HP Recommended

@ryantdarby

Thank you for clarifying with the details,

I recommend installing the Print Driver Using Apple Software Update:

Step 1: Confirm the printer is supported

Before installing the driver, make sure that your printer has a driver available for Mac OS X 10.6. Some newer HP printers are no longer supported in this operating system.

Go to Printer and scanner software available for download for Mac OS X Snow Leopard v10.6.8 (in English).

• If your printer is supported, continue to the next step to connect your printer.

• If your printer is not supported, you have the option to install a third party Gutenprint driver that provides basic print functionality. Go to Gimp-Print to download the driver. Gutenprint drivers are not supported by HP or Apple.

Step 2: Connect the printer to your computer or network

For Apple Software Update to install the correct driver, the printer must be connected to your Mac or to a wired or wireless network, and you need an active Internet connection.

Click here for more steps

If isues persists and the Printing is slow (Mac): Click here for more information.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Uninstalling the HP driver and reverting to the default Apple driver solved my problems. Thank you.

HP Recommended

@ryantdarby

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.