Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi @Sintx,

It sounds very much like the printer is not on the network. Please use the following document to troubleshoot the issue: HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer Series - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection.

I hope this helps.

Sunshyn2005
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Into my Photosmart 7520 All-in-one I'd like very much to install --

HP-Inkjet-SW-OSX-Mavericks_v12.34.44.dmg

-- but I fear all of the above tangles -- I am scanning an entire office to pdfs, right now, many years of paper files, and don't want that interrupted by glitches. So how about the following --

Primary problem I'm having with my currently-installed --

HP Scan Version 4.4.1 (21)

-- is that the scans do 50 pages rapidly, steady throughput / no stalls, but then downshift to pausing about 5 seconds at each page-load, then again after another 50 or so to 15+ seconds at each page-load... that will turn a multi-week project into many months...

My question: will --

HP-Inkjet-SW-OSX-Mavericks_v12.34.44.dmg

-- resolve that "pausing"? Will it enable steady throughput / no stalls throughout, through many hundreds of page-loads? If not, I am going to wait to install the upgrade...

Any other workaround suggestions for that "pausing" would be greatly appreciated too.

HP Recommended

The original comment was that scanners are not operational with OSX El Capitan, Ver 10.11.3. The response indicated that drivers are available. This is false based on recent communications with HP technical support. As of one week ago, drivers are not available for scanners attached to a Mac using the OSX El Capitan operating system. Moreover, the individual spoken to could not state what date the driver would be available nor if it was even being worked on. Supposedly, I will be informed when the driver is available.

Please let me know if anyone has better information and/or the information I received is incorrect. I am hoping someone from HP will be reading this. If the HP support agent is unable to provide better information, I suggest that this situation be "escalated". "Escalated" is the term customers used, when the support person was unable to provide a solution.

HP Recommended

I have tried several times to download this subj driver, and it will not complete.  Starts, then locks up.  I have a new iMac, with el capitan.  I need the driver, because the old driver apparently does not work with new OS.

HP Recommended

I have a similar problem with my HP Photosmart 5515, I have installed on my iMac El Capitan (10.11.4) and the PC wasn't finding my printer. when I tried to re-install the driver the upgrades on HP go up to Mountain Lion.

Could you send me the link for the drivers for my 5515 series printer?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

The Mavericks driver did not work for me with El Capitan 10.11.4.  I could print, but the computer was not finding the scanner.   However, I found I was able to use the scanner by accessing it through System Preferences, Printers & Scanners, click on Scan and Open Scanner. 

HP Recommended

Sadly, it seems that someone is NOT LISTENING at HP.   Maybe I should try SHOUTING.

The recommended software is for MAVERICKS.   The current Mac software is EL CAPITAN.

I tried downloading the Mavericks software, and it does not work.

One would think that a really first rate company like HP would care...but they don't seem to.

Sad.   So sad.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.