Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet F300
Linux

I have Ubuntu 16.04 and am trying to connect my printer, an HP Deskjet F300. I used the Printers software included to install the suggested drivers (HP DeskJet 9300 - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.11). It says it is connected and when I ask it to print something (LibreOffice, a Test Page from CUPS or the Printers), it says, "Processing" then the job disappears from the pending jobs as if it has printed, but nothing has printed. Instead, I see, "Idle - Rendering completed" under the printer state. I tried finding the issue and think it might have something to do with the fact that I'm not using HP ink (third party ink from Amazon) but have no idea how to fix it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@salijackt

Happy New Year to you! Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 

I understand that you are trying to install and use your HP HP Deskjet F300 printer on Ubuntu operating system. The print jobs disappear from the print queue and will not print. 

I would like to inform you that we provide support mainly for Windows operating systems. HP develops and distributes an open-source Linux driver via the Web that supports most HP printers, multifunction printers, and All-in-One devices. For more information on this driver, and a link to download it, see the HP Linux Imaging and Printing

I suggest you to review this link for more information: Frequently Asked Questions About Linux (FAQs)

Also, using refilled ink may not give you the best print quality and it may hamper the printer life. HP recommends that you use genuine HP ink or toner supplies. HP cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of non-HP or refilled cartridges. If you do not use genuine HP cartridges, the steps in this document might not resolve the issue. To check the authenticity of your cartridges, go to hp.com/go/anticounterfeit.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Cheers! 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@salijackt

Happy New Year to you! Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 

I understand that you are trying to install and use your HP HP Deskjet F300 printer on Ubuntu operating system. The print jobs disappear from the print queue and will not print. 

I would like to inform you that we provide support mainly for Windows operating systems. HP develops and distributes an open-source Linux driver via the Web that supports most HP printers, multifunction printers, and All-in-One devices. For more information on this driver, and a link to download it, see the HP Linux Imaging and Printing

I suggest you to review this link for more information: Frequently Asked Questions About Linux (FAQs)

Also, using refilled ink may not give you the best print quality and it may hamper the printer life. HP recommends that you use genuine HP ink or toner supplies. HP cannot guarantee the quality or reliability of non-HP or refilled cartridges. If you do not use genuine HP cartridges, the steps in this document might not resolve the issue. To check the authenticity of your cartridges, go to hp.com/go/anticounterfeit.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Cheers! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.