Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Kazi,

I've had a chance to print using the 990c driver, and it's not working well. I tried to print a PDF with fairly narrow margins (don't know if that's the issue) and it printed about 3/4 of the sheet, then stalled. Starting again via the status window produced a sedond sheet with less printing. This won't work. Is there a more current driver that might substitute for the 8710?

HP Recommended

@vonEsser

Thank you again for letting me know the status. If you have any other computer available then you may try installing the drivers or else there could be something the Windows operating system which might be blocking the printer drivers from working. I suggest you may reach out to HP phone support by filling out an online form on www.hp.com/contacthp

HP phone support has an option to take a remote access of your PC and they could see something that are presently unable to identify. I did try to install both the full drivers and Deskjet 990c drivers and they seem to install fine on my Windows PC. Feel free to let me know if you have any more questions. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Kazi,

I filled in the form you linked to, but the only support options it offered were Chat and Twitter. It was 3pm PST when I sent the form. What is the range of times when phone support is available?

HP Recommended

@vonEsser

Thanks for your reply. Please let me know your country of residence and I will try to get you the phone support details. Phone support will get in touch with you normally withing 24hrs after the online form submission. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response. I logged on to chat and told the agent I needed phone support. He gave me the number, and it's 24/7. After doing a remote access, he went through much of what we did, then installed OJP8600 driver, which works great. My issue is now solved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.