Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 8600
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Yesterday or the day before I installed the latest HP printer driver on my Mac. Today, when I tried to print double-sided with the duplex attachment, I couldn't find the option in the print window. Before the update double-sided printing was an easily selectable option. But now, how do I print double-sided copies?

Many thanks,

Christopher B

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,
Please follow the steps below in order to automatically print two-sided print jobs:

1. Verify the duplex-printing accessory has been installed properly. To verify this open the System Preferences and go to Printers & Scanners. Open the print queue of your printer. Click on Printer Setup and from the tab menu choose Driver. Verify the box next to HP Two-sided Printing Accessory (Duplexer) is checked.

2. From the file used to print click the File menu and select Print.
NOTE: The Print window might be minimized. Press on Show Details to show any available print option.

3. In the expanded Print window you will find next to Copies the checkbox for Two-Sided. Check the box.
NOTE: If the checkbox does not appear within the specific application print dialog, skip this step.

4. To select the binding type click the lowest selection box listed as the name of the program (e.g. TextEdit)
Will appear as Copies & Pages within Microsoft Office applications.

5. Select Layout from the drop-down menu.

6. Set the Two-Sided option as Long-Edge binding (Portrait), or Short-Edge binding (landscape).

You may save the settings for future use by clicking Presets > Save Current Settings as Preset... Any used preset will remain default till another preset will be used and can easily selected in the future from the Presets menu.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,
Please follow the steps below in order to automatically print two-sided print jobs:

1. Verify the duplex-printing accessory has been installed properly. To verify this open the System Preferences and go to Printers & Scanners. Open the print queue of your printer. Click on Printer Setup and from the tab menu choose Driver. Verify the box next to HP Two-sided Printing Accessory (Duplexer) is checked.

2. From the file used to print click the File menu and select Print.
NOTE: The Print window might be minimized. Press on Show Details to show any available print option.

3. In the expanded Print window you will find next to Copies the checkbox for Two-Sided. Check the box.
NOTE: If the checkbox does not appear within the specific application print dialog, skip this step.

4. To select the binding type click the lowest selection box listed as the name of the program (e.g. TextEdit)
Will appear as Copies & Pages within Microsoft Office applications.

5. Select Layout from the drop-down menu.

6. Set the Two-Sided option as Long-Edge binding (Portrait), or Short-Edge binding (landscape).

You may save the settings for future use by clicking Presets > Save Current Settings as Preset... Any used preset will remain default till another preset will be used and can easily selected in the future from the Presets menu.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.