Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 7640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After installing a new HP ENVY 7640 printer in windows 10 i don't see the maintenance and setings app i had with my old HP ENVY 7640 printer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@rcstop

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, you can contact HP Phone Support for assistance on this.

Feel free to contact us if you need any assistance in future.

If you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@rcstop

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you want to install the HP Printer utility- diagnostics tools. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

Please click here to download the HP printer software for windows 10 (64 bit) operating system.

• Download the software and then install them.
  • Once installed restart your computer and printer.

Let me know if you need more assistance.

I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank You for helping.  That is the app I'm looking for but when I go to HP's software site I don't see it there.  All I see is the "print and scan doctor" and "easy start for windows printer utility"

HP Recommended

@rcstop

Thanks for the reply.

I understand the situation well.

• Please download the full feature software HP support. 
  • (Click here and download the first link in the page.)
  • After installing it, you will find HP assistance icon on the desktop.
  • Double click the icon and you will find options for printer maintenance.
  • Like clean print, align print head.

Let me know how it goes.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help,

Please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up".

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I thank you again for your help. I know every thing your telling me is what I need to do. But when I try installing the full feature it jumps right to finish without doing anything. I've tried to uninstall the basic software but it can't find the files to do so. I'll have to call tech support.

HP Recommended

@rcstop

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, you can contact HP Phone Support for assistance on this.

Feel free to contact us if you need any assistance in future.

If you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.