Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I am attempting to wirelessly connect two computers to HP J6480 All-in-one printer. To do so, I am using the directions found here.

The first computer is a PC and driver install was successful. The PC prints wirelessly.

The second computer is a ASUS X53U laptop, running Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I have downloaded OJJ6400_full_13.exe and extracted the files, but the autorun does not start. So, I went into the temp folder and tried to start the app via Setup.exe. When I do this, one of two things happens; either: 1) nothing or 2) the "would you like to allow this app to change your computer" message appears. When I click yes, nothing happens.

I have since deleted all folders and files in the %temp% folder, restarted the laptop, then started the process over, but I am getting the same results over and over again.

My firewall is disabled, and I have followed the instructions perfectly (or so it seems to me).

What gives?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello-

What is the CPU in the ASUS computer ??

Check this out from aprevious post. There is a patch if you have any of the CPU's listed in the document.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03030583

I hope this helps.

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
Thank You,
Donald

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello-

What is the CPU in the ASUS computer ??

Check this out from aprevious post. There is a patch if you have any of the CPU's listed in the document.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03030583

I hope this helps.

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
Thank You,
Donald
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for the patch solution; worked as described.

The laptop does have an AMD C-60 1.00 GHz processor, as predicted by you.

My suggestion: include this contingency on the install instructions page for future dullards like myself to find.

HP Recommended

I have a customer that is having the following issue:

customer is running windows 7 Pro w. service pac 1
Margins in their wordprocessor (WP X3) in print preview
are showing correct as are the page view and codes for margin settings (for 1.5 cm)

But when they print, they get a 2.5 cm margin not a 1.5 cm margin
any ideas on how to correct this? they installed a new printer driver for
the Officejet J8480, and seem to be unable to find the problem
and correct it.

~Edit~

Customer confirmed the printer is an HP Officejet J6480 all-in-one
drivers were located and downloaded from the HP website
file name: "OJJ6400_Full_13.exe"

HP Recommended

"404 Page not found."

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.