Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillon a1700nvid
Microsoft Windows Vista

OfficeJet 6962 won't load software/drivers on Vista system. when trying to add computer to wireless network for printer sharing. Other Windows 8.1 computers installed no problem.

Downloaded .exe. file but it will not start.

Is there a compatibility issue with Google Chrome in this regard {Help only mentions IE 8}?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@1Barnacle

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand the OfficeJet 6962 won't load software/drivers on Vista 32 system,

To clarify, does it give you an error message?

When was the last time it worked on the vista 32bit?

Did you make any recent software changes to your computer? if any (did you attempt a system restore and try again?).

Please revert with the answer for further assistance,

In the meantime, I recommend you delete the existing software from your computer and then install a fresh copy from HP: Click here

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_Decipher wrote:

@1Barnacle

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand the OfficeJet 6962 won't load software/drivers on Vista 32 system,

To clarify, does it give you an error message?

When was the last time it worked on the vista 32bit?

Did you make any recent software changes to your computer? if any (did you attempt a system restore and try again?).

Please revert with the answer for further assistance,

In the meantime, I recommend you delete the existing software from your computer and then install a fresh copy from HP: Click here

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Regards,

Printer is new on network and works with other Windows 8.1 computers already on the network. I downloaded the s/w a couple of times {also under direction of HP Chat rep.} . The s/w would simply not run, no error messages.  No recent changes to computer.

HP Recommended

@1Barnacle

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

Don't worry as I have a few more tricks up my sleeve that should help fix this issue,

And here's the step by step guide for you to install the basic drivers from the link: Basic Driver

Also, you may update the firmware from the link: Click here

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Been there, done that...a couple of times.  The firmware update downloaded first time and ran normally.

HP Recommended

@1Barnacle,

I am Rainbow23. It looks like you were interacting with @Riddle_Decipher, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here. 

I understand that the issue still persists after following the steps provided in the previous interaction.

Please follow the link to add the drivers manually: http://hp.care/2iAMu4m

You may also add the generic drivers HP Deskjet 990c from the list of manufacturers in the above link.

Let me know if this works.

I hope you have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.