Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have an Officejet 4500 Wireless G510n; I've tried installing drivers on my laptop (Dell Latitude E5470) with Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit. 

I've dowloaded the HP Officejet Full Feature Software and Driver OJ4500vG510n-z_Full_13_en

Each time I try to install it stops at the System Requirements Results, with the following errors:

X - USB Drivers (computer does not have necessary USB software)

X- USB Hardware (computer does not have necessary USB hardware)

! - OS on this computer does not match the supported systems; followed by:

Current OS: Windows 7 64 Bit

Supported: Vista 64 bit, XP, Windows 7

I had no problem connecting to the  Officejet Pro 8600 at work. I also have the HP Support Assistant installed, which does accurately list my G510n as one of the available printers. 

HELP!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @amorrison1978

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your concern and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I understand that you are having difficulties installing your printer.

I’d love to help!

Follow the steps in the below link to resolve this issue.

http://hp.care/2fTPsPx

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @amorrison1978

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your concern and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I understand that you are having difficulties installing your printer.

I’d love to help!

Follow the steps in the below link to resolve this issue.

http://hp.care/2fTPsPx

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you!

Skipping over the alerts seems to have done the trick (CTRL+Shift when pressing 'Cancel')

HP Recommended

Hi @amorrison1978

Thanks for the reply.

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that the issue is resolved and I believe everything is working fine.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

You have a great day! Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.