Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet 6500A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Running Apple Mac 27 inch plus Parallels program to enable me to run Windows 10 / Office 2010 programs.

Have 2 printers - Officejet plus Samsung laser. - USB connedctions

Constantly struggling to get either of them to print.

Sometimes they are both OK

Other times re-starts are necessary 

Help!

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi@mcadavies,

Thanks for the quick response.

I request you to reinstall the printer software and check if that solves the issue.

First, you need to follow the steps below and uninstall the printer and then use the link below to reinstall the printer.

Before performing the steps below, USB connection b/w the printer and PC needs to be disconnected.

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
  • Select your HP Printer
  • Select Uninstall
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
  • In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)
  • Click on the "Driver’s" tab
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
  • Select Ok
  • Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
  • Close Devices and Printers

Then use the link below to download the latest driver and follow the article below to know how to set up the USB printer on your PC.

Driver: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL34830/mp-109384-3/OJ6500_E710n-z_1315-1.exe

Setup/ Installation instructions: http://hp.care/2hdZuOC

Hope the information shared will help you. Please share for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi@mcadavies,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I have read your post and understand that you are unable to both the printer. Is that, right?

The possible issue could be the connectivity and the drivers itself. Both are connected through USB.

I would suggest you to try some steps mentioned below.

• Try different USB ports and check.
  • Also try connecting one of the printers over wireless network and other through USB and check if that helps.
  •  

Hope that answers you the question. Feel free to reply for more.

Resolv_S

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I do try swoping USB ports - does not work.

I have not set up wireless printing - my printer is in a cupboard below the computer and is, I think, screened.

My main solution is to re-start W10 - that process seems to re-connect my HP Officejet 6500A

Thanks

Michael

HP Recommended

Hi@GP1800,

Thanks for the response.

As I understand, you had to reinstall Windows 10 after which the printer worked. Is that, right?

If yes, then I am glad to hear that the printer is back online again.

I certainly understand the hassle of redoing the whole PC back to the way it was and reinstall all the apps back on it.

Please let me know for more assistance.

Resolv_S

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

No I have NOT re-installed W10 - sometimes to get the printer to work I have to re-start W10 - that ususlly solves my difficulty!

HP Recommended

Hi@mcadavies,

I request you to reinstall the printer software and check if that solves the issue.

First, you need to follow the steps below and uninstall the printer and then use the link below to reinstall the printer.

Before performing the steps below, USB connection b/w the printer and PC needs to be disconnected.

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
  • Select your HP Printer
  • Select Uninstall
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
  • In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)
  • Click on the "Driver’s" tab
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
  • Select Ok
  • Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
  • Close Devices and Printers

Then use the link below to download the latest driver and follow the article below to know how to set up the USB printer on your PC.

Driver: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL34830/mp-109384-3/OJ6500_E710n-z_1315-1.exe

Setup/ Installation instructions: http://hp.care/2hdZuOC

Hope the information shared will help you. Please share for more.

Resolv_S

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thank you that seems to have worked!

I also 're,oved several references to HP Laserjet 2820 - somehow at sometime I seem sto have installed 'wrong' drivers!

I also deleted the Samsung printer stuff - will try to re-install tomorrow!

Mwanwhile thanks for your quick help!

Michael

HP Recommended

Hi@mcadavies,

Glad to hear that the solution has worked.

I really appreciate the effort you have invested in performing so many steps in order to find the solution.

You may get in touch with us for any support needs on your HP Products in the future as well.

A big “Kudos’ to you.

Merry Christmas and Advance new year wishes you.

Happy posting and Cheers.

Resolv_S

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Sadly the 'problem' remains!

Switched off last night - switched on this morning.

The control panel printers were shown as Fax - Officejet 6500 E710n-z plus HP Officejet 6500 E710n-z plus Print to PDF (Mac Desktop) plus Samsung SCX-4200n Series.

Last night I had deleted most of these both in the Control Panel and in the Device Manager.

This morning I deleted them again and re-started W10

But they are back again

The Device Manager shows the Fax plus the Officejet printer plus 3 x HP Color Laserjet AiO P Class Drivers

The Print Queue shows Fax, 2 copies of HP Officejet 6500, Print to PDF, Root Print Queue, Samsung SCX-4200 series (though this is not USB connected.

How do I clean out all printer records out of W10?? - then I can start again.

Help!

Michael

HP Recommended

Plus was unable to print a Word document BUT Just opened HP Printer Assistant without adjust any connections or settings and the printer mamnged to print a test page.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.