Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Ever had a problem trying to print, and your printer has a Ox code appear on the dispaly screen.  For example, 'Error 0xc18a0001 ' or 'B8000094 ' might display on the product.

This usually happens because of a "ink system failure. Something is wrong with your ink system.

There are different reasons that this may appear. Bad ink cartridges, dirty cartridges, old expired cartridges, bad print head, dirty print head, and even a simple ink reset.

No worries. Here is a link that will assist you with this error code.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03081973

NOTE: (0x6) error code is a CARRIAGE JAM, not a INK SYSTEM FAILURE)

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hope this helps the community. If there is any questions, feel free to ask.

Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hope this helps the community. If there is any questions, feel free to ask.

HP Recommended

Hello everybody!

I have bought recently a printer OfficeJet 6700 Premium with H711n as model. Since I installed it, I receive a message that the printer is not connected yet although I can print from that.

I don't know what happened but, I had finish a printer job and I was trying to reinstall the printer in order to stop receiving this message so, I disconnected the USB cable and reconnect it again. Whe I did it, the printer stopped working with a message error "BAEA8994".

I switched it off from power cable and nothing is happening. Could somebody help me what to do, because this is a new printer.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Sorry that you are having a problem with thew new printer.

Are you getting this error code on the computer or the printer?

See if you can print a self test page or printer status report from the printer itself.

If so, this may be a connection or communication issue.

Perform a hard reset on the printer. Unplug the power cord from the back, Leave it out for 30 seconds and plug it back in.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.