Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet PageWide Pro 477dw
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Where can i download HP PageWide Pro 477dw D3Q20B drivers for Mac?

"HP Easy Start" is no solution.
I need to install on 30 laptops. I can not click through Gui and wait for downloads on 30 machines.

Driver is not included in El Capitan 10.11.6 update.

CD is empty. (only a link to download "HP Easy Start")

thanks, martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

We had an issue with our MAC software which has now been sorted out. EasyStart now works, but I want to provide you with the link to the PKG file directly. 

Please let me know if you have issues with this file. 

If it solves, please indicate. 

Thanks

HP Product Expert for the Officejet Pro X and PageWide Pro Series.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
See a great post? Give it a Kudos!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Checking. I'll see what I can find out and let you know ASAP. 

HP Recommended

Let me second that:

We bought a PageWide 477dw for a medium sized office environment. We need an full downloadable driver for deployment and most important, for installation on Macs that won't go online any time soon.

As far as i could find out, there is no such driver for customers WITHOUT a paid premium service agreement. A bad joke IMO, as a $750 printer is roughly aimed at normal consumers and individuals.

I would like to see HP respond in an official statement or better: give us appropriate drivers.

Thanks!

sebastian

HP Recommended

Again - where is the standalone driver?
Is there a paid premium solution?

I need to install on many machines.
HP Easy Start is no solution.

Yes, i tried Easy Start. It failed on 2 of 3 machines. (print dialogue only shows Airprint. LAN/bonjour does not show. LAN is connected.)
Driver Situation seems to be getting worse: there used to be a driver for the older model 476. This driver has been removed and replaced by Easy Start.

martin

HP Recommended

HP, please respond on this.

Something completely wrong has happened here with the driver.

During the East Start process, it loads up the Mac OS printer preferences, and tells you to 

a) Choose HP 477dw (this bit is fine and works)

b) On the "Use" drop down menu, also choose HP 477dw

Part b) fails because there is no driver installed even on the latest El Capitan OS release, for this printer. SO the only option is AirPrint, which doesn't allow you to choose paper tray 3.

Please clarify what is happening with the full driver for the 477dw on the Mac? As East Start itself tells you to choose 477dw, I am wondering if the driver has been created and HP have simply forgotten to push it to the website or via Apple?

HP Recommended

Hi,

We had an issue with our MAC software which has now been sorted out. EasyStart now works, but I want to provide you with the link to the PKG file directly. 

Please let me know if you have issues with this file. 

If it solves, please indicate. 

Thanks

HP Recommended

thank you, GarenT.
The linked .pkg file works. Printer now shows up correctly as ...477 MFP in the print dialogue.

Had some trouble downloading the file. Ony Cyberduck worked.
There was an error message "Connection closed without indication."
But the file was ok. Size 185,5 MB
Firefox, Safari and Chrome failed, producing various file sizes.

thanks again,

martin

HP Recommended

Could you please just provide the .pkg for the drivers in the downloads section.

The "Easy Start" application cannot find it, at least under OS X 10.12; likely because Bonjour only works on the LAN, and our organization spans multiple VLANS, and several users are accessing it via a VPN which is on another VLAN entirely.

I can ping the printer, I can connect to the web page.  I can access the printer in printer setup, but because I don't have the driver it's only seen as a 'generic Postcript printer'.

Bonjour is wonderful for a small office or home network, but it simply does not work on a multiple segment enterprise network like ours.

Just want the driver.

The link to the .PKG file above does not work anymore.

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue and the .pkg link is not working. I need a way to access the drivers without having to sit down at every computer to install Easy Start.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.