Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
P Officejet 6700 Premium
macOS 10.12 Sierra

My HP Officejet 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer - H711n has recently stopped working with my Mac OS X 10.12. The printer works intermittently and the scanner no longer shows up as a feature. I have uninstalled the HP software in the hopes of reinstalling the software would work, however received the following message "No software or drivers are available for this product with the selected operating system. Please make a different selection, or visit the product homepage."

This is odd because the printer and scanner were working previously.  The problem isnt unique to me because my partner is also experiencing the same problem.  FYI - Leigh uses a MacBook with OS X 10.12.

Thanks Denise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @dmhott,

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are unable to reinstall the printer again. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

There is an HP Printer Drivers v5.0 for OS X that you can try.

I checked the website and there aren't any 10.12 drivers available at this time, try the 10.11 driver: HP Officejet 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer series - H711 Full Feature Software and Driver.

You can click on the "Accept as Solution" if the issue is resolved and the "Thumbs Up" for my effort. Please keep me posted. Good Luck! 

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @dmhott,

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are unable to reinstall the printer again. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

There is an HP Printer Drivers v5.0 for OS X that you can try.

I checked the website and there aren't any 10.12 drivers available at this time, try the 10.11 driver: HP Officejet 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer series - H711 Full Feature Software and Driver.

You can click on the "Accept as Solution" if the issue is resolved and the "Thumbs Up" for my effort. Please keep me posted. Good Luck! 

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.