Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
P1109w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have replaced our office wireless router and I cannot get the P1109w printer to locate any local routers.  I have tried just about everything.  I tried a reset by holding 2 top buttons during power-up.  Nothing helps.  HP makes great printers but they are lost when it comes to making intuitive and user friendly network connectivity.  I have searched the forums and its not looking good. Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Replacing/changing your wireless router, try here. 

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/wireless-printing-center/reconfiguring-system-help3.html

Make sure your router is set to a fixed wireless channel like 1, 6 or 11, never ‘auto’.  Try channel 1 first then the others one at a time.  Make sure printer and router are at least 5 feet apart.

Make and model of modem and router?

However if you have a Gateway (modem+router) device, all Gateway devices are terrible for wireless connectivity.   If this does not work, suggest you put that gateway device in full bridge mode and install your own high quality router that YOU have full control over. 

HP Recommended

Thanks,

Unfortunately that didn't work.  I have tried on various PC computers via the USB setup software.  The printer doesn't detect or display any area wireless routers.  I have performed a reset.  Tried to hard code the router name. They need to have a more robust setup software than what is offered.  Very limited in what I can do.  I guess I have another fairly new HP printer that is a boat anchor...

Thanks,

Dave

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Daverad1,

you said you replaced your router? Is this for a business or at home? office wireless router...

your printers are not going to find a router. Your router is going to find your printers through drivers and IP addresses.

we need more info to help you with your problem

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. Tried the wireless configuration utlity. Used advanced, it saw all of my neighbor's routers, but not my SSID. I'm stuck. I can't move forward to configure this on my wireless network. When I manually type in my SSID, I get an error that says the printer cannot communicate with a network with that SSID.  This is a Verizon Fios Router Brand: Actiontec MI424WR. Worked fine on my previous router. Confirmed I had updated firmware. Don't know what to do next.

Greg

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.