Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart 2600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have HP2600 photosmart printer for number of years. It is working fine.

Recently I have installed HP Photo Creations SW. Through that I want to print photos.

Somehow this SW is not able to connect to my printer.

When I give print command through this SW the message says "Document sent to printer" but nothings gets printed.

Anyone has faced this issue? Any remedies? Thanks in adavance.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@pgore

Printer, one of six models:

"HP Photosmart 2600" (6)

Full Feature Software

HP Photosmart and Officejet Full Feature Software and Drivers

User Guide

• Recommended

Even if you are not going to use the information now, download the Full Feature Software, the User Guide, and any other information about your printer in which you have any interest.  Printer Support can be (and is likely) removed after ten years.  Save your downloaded files in a safe place where they will be included in your backups. 

• Photo Creations may not be aware of which printer has been selected for the job:

Open Photo Creations >

Quick Prints > Select Print type / style / size > Print my own > Add Photos > Browse this computer >

Open first one and then the next photo to be printed on the paper > Print icon (left column) >

Under Printer, Select your Printer (be sure you don't select Printer "Fax")

and / or

• Photo Creations may not be aware of the printer configuration.  

The message "Document sent to printer" is perhaps an indication that you want to double check the Shortcut settings; ensure you have selected "photo print" of some kind as opposed to document printing.

Printer Settings >

tab Printing Shortcut, Select shortcut for Photo Printing - with white borders (or similar)

tab Paper Quality, Select Paper Source AND Media type (kind of paper)

Advanced > Paper / Output: Select Paper Size > OK (to close Advanced menu) >

OK (to close Properties / Settings)

General Example:

Photo_Creations_Multi-Up_1.JPG

If you continue to have problems, contact Photo Creations Support for help.

A dedicated support site is provided at RocketLifeSupport.com. The site contains illustrated tutorials and a chat feature to reach the US support team.  (Office hours are Monday-Friday, 9-6 Eastern, except major holidays.) 

Dragon Document - Help, Suggestions, and Examples:

Print - Programs_and_Methods

Sections – various, including:

• Preparation and Reference
  • HP Photo Creations for Windows and Mac
  • Printing with Paint
  • Printing Photos with Windows Photo Viewer for Windows

Click the Thumbs Up to say Thanks!

Click Post that answers your question "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi Pgore.

Yes, the message "document sent to printer" indicates that HP Photo Creations sent data to the printer specified in the Printer menu. (In Dragon-Fur's screenshot, that would be the Officejet 8630 on his/her network.)

Often the same printer will show up under several names when it's been connected by multiple methods (e.g., USB cable vs. Wi-Fi). So you may have been sending data to the wired printer even though the wire was not connected. If your printer name shows up multiple times, try each and see which one is actually connected.

Dragon's tip about installing the full-feature drivers is gold. I once had a case where the same printer offered borderless printing only when I selected its network version.

Hope this helps,

RocketLife 

RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.