Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Photosmart 385

I'm trying to connect my iPhone and iPad through bluetooth to my Photosmart 385 to more easily print photos and am unable to do so and can't find instructions in the menu, etc.  When trying to pair the printer to both of my devices there is no recognition of the other devices.  Any instructions and help would be greatly appreciated.  Currently I have to email photos from my iPhone to Macbook then save them to a memory stick so I can print them...such a pain!  Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @jjbtsa,

Thanks for reaching out the HP Support Forums!

I see that you're unable to communicate using Bluetooth with your HP Photosmart 380 Printer. I would be happy to look into this with you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

In order to assist you better, I will require more information. 

Mac OS X: How Do I Find Which Mac OS X Version Is on My Computer?

In the meantime, please see these guides: 

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck! 🙂

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

My system is OS X Yosemite.  And I tried to find the driver on the HP website to download it and I can't find it...nothing for the HP Photosmart 380 that I could locate anyway.

HP Recommended

Hi @jjbtsa,

Thanks for the reply.

Due to the age of the printer there no drivers available for download.

Also, I forgot to mention that the iPad and iPhone cannot print using Bluetooth. 

Hope this answers your question. I hope you have a great weekend!

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Okay, thanks.  But bummer I can't connect this printer anymore.  Still works great but would be wonderful for ease of use.  Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended
Please I'm trying to connect my Android phone to my HP Photosmart 385 Bluetooth but can't find the Bluetooth visibility
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.