Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Photosmart C309-g
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I recently updated my Mac OS to the newest software Sierra 10.12. I haven't been able to find the new drivers needed for  Photosmart C309-g.

Printer is not printing or scanning.

I ran a diagnostic test with a USB cable which bypasses all drivers to print a test page. Page did print and results show missing drivers as the cause  of problem. 

I have removed printer from Mac software and tried to add it again error reads:

"Software for ‘HP Photosmart Premium C309g-m’ is available from Apple. Would you like to download and install it?"

I click install, it then loads for a second and stops, displaying this error:

"You need to install software to use this printer. To install the software, choose App Store… from the Apple menu. If the software for your printer isn’t available in App Store…, contact the manufacturer of your printer."

I cant seem to figure out the problem.

Help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Mando-17

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are having issues installing the printer driver on your Mac computer.

Don’t worry, we will work together to resolve this issue and It’s a pleasure to assist you in this regard.

Follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2dIaVyB

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Mando-17

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are having issues installing the printer driver on your Mac computer.

Don’t worry, we will work together to resolve this issue and It’s a pleasure to assist you in this regard.

Follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2dIaVyB

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It Works !

Thank You so much for your help!

Im glad I posted, I had been struggling with this issue for several weeks now.

Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.