Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Yes, I was going to suggest this also. (Using Roxio label creator!) Don't forget to choose th HP c309 from the label creator software AND go into printing preferences and choose Print on cd/dvd there too!

See this link on the Roxio forum. It really is easy once done.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/66894-label-creator-direct-to-disc-printing/page__p__339488__h...

Dogs Aren't Our Whole Life

BUT

They Make Our Life Whole.
HP Recommended

Yes - set up in MS PUB 2003 - works like a dream.  In MS PUB go to page set up and starting with LAYOUT:

Hope the screen shots below will help.

Layout-1.JPG

Spoiler
Layout-2.JPGFeatures-1.JPGFeatures-2.JPG
HP Recommended

Many thanks for the tip for Publisher. It works an absolute treat.

David

HP Recommended

Hey David - glad to hear it worked for you! Best

HP Recommended

HP All-In-One DOES work with 3 party software!

Have had my HP All in One printer for a while and just tried the CD/DVD print feature. I agree with others -- the built in program is the saddest thing I've seen in a long, long white.  They should have named it "PONG"! 

But - after taking over a hour to look for the tray in which to insert the CD/DVD I was trying to print and feeling totally stupid when I realized it was stored in the printer itself, I worked it out. 

I have the SURE THING label software.  It does everything from regular paper sheets to Litescribe to the HP Direct Print.  You can also change a label you have saved to another format (example:  change a Litescribe to direct HP print).

In the Sure Thing software, deisgn your label

Choose "Print Design"

Choose "HP"

Choose in Print Using:  "CD/DVD Printer"

Ta-da ... done! 

I have other labelling software, but haven't tried that so far.  I think HP realized most people have separate software, so they just sort of looked the other way with this one.

Annesquest 

HP Recommended

I have recently updated Windows 7 to Service pack 1. Now my ability to print CD or DVD has gone on my C309a Printer

HP Recommended

I have given up on getting anywhere with HP CD print .I have purchased Sure Thing ,and I could not be more pleased with it,and thoroughly recommend the Software

HP Recommended

I purchased Sure Thing,and it recognised the C309a Printer immediately ,and prints CDs perfectly and with a great range of templates

HP Recommended

Use Microsoft Publisher and your imagination for designs. 

Select a media label 4.625 X 4.625 then insert pictures or text boxes and print.

Now it's a walk in the park.

HP Recommended

Gave up on the HP and went back to Epson - support didn't seem to know how to fix the problem and had other issues with it  Although a good program to use with any of these types of printers is "Acoustica".  they are the best that I've found

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.