Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart Premium C309a
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I used the wizard, HPPIW.exe, to select the latest full feature driver software.  At the end of the download, i.e. 100%, it reported 'Download has been cancelled'.  This happens repeatedly.

Any ideas how to obtain the download?  I cannot even used the 'Download Only' option and the driver software is not shown.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

UPDATE to the above:

After repeated attempts to update the software for the HP Photosmart Premium C309a printer by using the wizard, hppiw.exe, and the print and scan doctor, HPPSdr.exe, I completly uninstalled all HP printer software and associated programs.  Eventually, I ended up using the original setup CD as my dowloaded copy of the version 14 software, PS_AIO_05_C309a_Net_Full_Win_WW_140_047.exe, only gave 'Exit' as an install option!

Similarly, Setup.exe on the CD gave the same result, so I used HPZsetup.exe instead to load the printer software.  This installed all HP applications OK and  has provided all printer features.

However, I now have version 13 loaded.  I am wondering what will happen when HP Update chooses to try and update to version 14?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

UPDATE to the above:

After repeated attempts to update the software for the HP Photosmart Premium C309a printer by using the wizard, hppiw.exe, and the print and scan doctor, HPPSdr.exe, I completly uninstalled all HP printer software and associated programs.  Eventually, I ended up using the original setup CD as my dowloaded copy of the version 14 software, PS_AIO_05_C309a_Net_Full_Win_WW_140_047.exe, only gave 'Exit' as an install option!

Similarly, Setup.exe on the CD gave the same result, so I used HPZsetup.exe instead to load the printer software.  This installed all HP applications OK and  has provided all printer features.

However, I now have version 13 loaded.  I am wondering what will happen when HP Update chooses to try and update to version 14?

HP Recommended

I've been having the same issue since last Dec, after an update.  I can't recall now if it was a Windows update or one from HP.  The issue is the CD that came with the printer won't recognize me as Administrator, so it stops the install of the printer.  I got the same error when using the disk on Win 7 and the hdzsetup.exe on Win 10.

I was hoping the issue would be fixed when I got a new laptop (Win 10), but it has not.  Same issue as with Win 7. 😕 

I'm very frustrated and don't want to have to buy a new printer.  Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.