Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Photosmart C4180
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I just got new PC and I am in process of installing drivers. One of those is for my printer and scanner, HP Photosmart C4180. But this driver won't install.

What happens?

When I run installation, I get asked if I want to install it or exit, I choose install, then setup is checking system, then it pops up for me to allow all HP processes, then gives me installation review options and I check "I accept" option and hit next. After that I go back to installation whetre it was checking my system and everything disappears. No error message or anything.

What did I already try?

- Running it as administrator.

- Downloading driver again. I made sure I picked up right verion for Windows 10(x64).

- I tried to download HP Assistant, to see if it can do anything about it and it can't. It will run external setup process and it will end same as above. After that it will ask me if installation completed. And even if I hit no, it won't fix it. 

- I still didn't install any antivirus and firewall software, I only have installed drivers, so antvirus and firewall are ones you get by default with Windows 10.

Since there is no error message, I can't exactly trace this to any specific problems. On my old PC, setup went smoothly and I had Windows 10 there. But it was older version of driver. HP Assistant there updated it succesfully and it fixed few other issues. But currently I am without any ideas. Not sure even where setup would deposit any log files to check. Did anyone else experience anything similar? Or will I be forced to replace perfectly functional printer? Thanks for any advice or help.

Edit: Same happens also if I unplug printer before running setup. And in Evnet log I found this:

The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\WPDBUSENUM\_??_USBSTOR#Disk&Ven_HP&Prod_Photosmart_C4180&Rev_1.00#7&129fa2f8&0&MY76KJ113X04J7&0#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}.

If anyone can make any sense of it.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try following the installtion again till the EULA screen.

Click the 2nd link (Internet Connection Usage Settings) and select No, Thanks for both questions.

Press OK, confirm the EULA and continue the installation.

May you now see any difference?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for answer. I did this, set both options to no and it is still same. As soon as I agree and confirm, it will exit setup. I also found another issue. When I checked which software to install, 4th link, ok button does nothing if I click it and cancel will confirm all changes. This probably has nothing to do with my issue, but anyway, if it helps.

Also same thing happens, if I hit 4th link and only install driver, meaning I unceck everything, except first option, which is grayed out. It will still just disappear after I agree and confirm.

HP Recommended

I still have this issue, anyone else has any idea?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.