Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Photosmart Essentials 3.5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Photosmart Essentials 3.5 updated to Essentials and I lost the ability to print on CD/DVD's .. Can you help ? I need to recover or re-download 3.5 . I have tried to download it from a page that says it is 3.5 but downloads Essential --does not work. I am using Windows 10 upgrated from Windows 7. When I try using the disk that came with my Photosmart C5580 All-In-One I get the message it is not compatible however I have been using it for years and it works great. It just upgraded and now I cannot find the page to print on CD's . Where can I find 3.5 ? I have 2 of these printers and I need them to work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I just want to say THANK ALL of you for trying to help out.....Bottom line.. HP SUPPORT on the phone is NO help.. I signed up and started the process and AFTER they billed me they told me to call back in 3 hours because their SURVER was down. When I called back they told me the same thing,,,3 HOURS so I told them to cancel it but guess what.. They can't . They have to have Billing call me back in 24 to 48 hours. I waited 48 hours and called them back and then they told me 24 to 72 hours i would get a call. So I called my credit card company and explained everything to them so I now have to dispute the charge. That all said I would NOT recommend dealing with them on the phone.. I got more advise from YOU here on the Forum than I did from them.. They did NOTHING but agrivate me. So I found a Program called Acoustica CD Label Maker for 7 days FREE download then $21.95  to buy it..( Which is cheaper than $49.99 up front and $14.95 a month for a year) I have used it for 3 days and it actually works BETTER than Photosmart Essential 3.5  .. Everything I save is Alphabeticall in order so I can find it easier. THANK ALL of you for your help... I hope this will help someone out.. If anyone needs anymore information send me a message..

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi cajunlafitte,

Some software programs are no longer updated to work with Windows 10.

You could try with the following Cyberlink LabelPrint software:

>> CyberLink LabelPrint Software

As an alternative, you could check another option for CD label software here.

* Click on KUDOS star to say thanks  :smileywink:     

* Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered.

Best regards,

ferRX.

dodecaedro.gif

@ferRX / I am a volunteer posting answers on my own time.
HP Recommended

I just want to say THANK ALL of you for trying to help out.....Bottom line.. HP SUPPORT on the phone is NO help.. I signed up and started the process and AFTER they billed me they told me to call back in 3 hours because their SURVER was down. When I called back they told me the same thing,,,3 HOURS so I told them to cancel it but guess what.. They can't . They have to have Billing call me back in 24 to 48 hours. I waited 48 hours and called them back and then they told me 24 to 72 hours i would get a call. So I called my credit card company and explained everything to them so I now have to dispute the charge. That all said I would NOT recommend dealing with them on the phone.. I got more advise from YOU here on the Forum than I did from them.. They did NOTHING but agrivate me. So I found a Program called Acoustica CD Label Maker for 7 days FREE download then $21.95  to buy it..( Which is cheaper than $49.99 up front and $14.95 a month for a year) I have used it for 3 days and it actually works BETTER than Photosmart Essential 3.5  .. Everything I save is Alphabeticall in order so I can find it easier. THANK ALL of you for your help... I hope this will help someone out.. If anyone needs anymore information send me a message..

HP Recommended

Hi cajunlafitte,

I am happy to hear that you find useful the links and information provided in the previous message 😉

* Click on KUDOS button thumbs up to say thanks  :smileywink:     

Best regards,

ferRX.

dodecaedro.gif

@ferRX / I am a volunteer posting answers on my own time.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.