Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
LaserJet Enterprise M506
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yesterday, my boss came in to find a printout with Nazi propaganda. I logged into Embedded Web Server (EWS) and we looked at the Job Log. Most everything we could trace back to someone, except we did find a print job where the Job Name was "Print 10:51 AM". The User is "Guest" which isn't unusual since it appears that print jobs that originate from inside EWS are assigned that user name.  As soon as we received this printer a couple of months ago, I set a new password for the "admin" user.  

Does this appear to be a breach of the EWS? Is it possible to print a document remotely from within the EWS, especially one that creates the Job Name referenced above? Any other way to trace the breach? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Contact your IT department. That is their job.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
Contact your IT department. That is their job.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.