Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Officejet 5740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Whenever I run P&SDr  5.0  I get a message that there is a newer version which I download.  It extracts files and installs, but when P&SDr reruns automatically, I get the same message about a newer version.  It just keeps looping until I ignore the update message.  Not very helpful!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @Cherry10 - Greetings!

Thanks for reaching out! I would glad to be of your assistance 🙂

I understand that we had an issue with the HP PSDR 5.0. This was a temporary glitch while upgrading from the 4.9 version to the 5.0 version.  I believe the issue is now fixed and you can download the correct PSDR 5.0 version from here:  http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe

You can confirm based on the size of the Binary File (10.3 MB). Just download and execute the file found there and disregard first the self-update screen that comes up.

Alternatively, if you have any issues with your printer that needs our attention, I would be more than happy to assist you 🙂

Let me know if that helps! 

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello, @Cherry10 - Greetings!

Thanks for reaching out! I would glad to be of your assistance 🙂

I understand that we had an issue with the HP PSDR 5.0. This was a temporary glitch while upgrading from the 4.9 version to the 5.0 version.  I believe the issue is now fixed and you can download the correct PSDR 5.0 version from here:  http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe

You can confirm based on the size of the Binary File (10.3 MB). Just download and execute the file found there and disregard first the self-update screen that comes up.

Alternatively, if you have any issues with your printer that needs our attention, I would be more than happy to assist you 🙂

Let me know if that helps! 

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks Dvortex - downloaded the updated version of P&SDr you directed me to and it fixed the issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.