Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
dj 3632
Microsoft Windows Vista

Setup new printer with laptop running windows vista ( for my neighbor). Downloaded and installed correct driver/software for a vista computer but each time I test print something it throws up an error that says it can't communicate with the printer and says to run print and scan doctor to fix the problem. the file actually does print but the error box remains on screen anyway. When I run the print and scan  doc it does not show anything wrong and prints a test page just fine.

I would appreciate any help that you might be able to give. My neighbor is an elderly gent living on his own and I don't think he'll upgrade his computer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I was able to solve the error box problem by deselecting the "Enable bidirectional support" option in the properties for the printer. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @MABERANEK

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to print after setting up the printer.

Don’t worry, we will work together to resolve this issue and It’s a pleasure to assist you in this regard.

Please refer the below documents on how to install the printer.

http://hp.care/2oEwS5u

Follow the steps in the below article to fix the printing issue.

http://hp.care/2oPe0lf

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I was able to solve the error box problem by deselecting the "Enable bidirectional support" option in the properties for the printer. 

HP Recommended

Hi @MABERANEK

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that! 

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

You have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.