Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 450
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

I am having difficulty downloading the driver for the above printer.

Error message:

"The HP deskjet 450 printer system Setup  program has encountered a severe error and will now exit. Restart your computer and run Setup again."

Well I have done that several times and it still comes up with that message...

My  device is an ASUS T100 Laptop/Tablet with full usb port, and I have previously successfuuly added an HP Deskjet 460 printer!

Please help! Thanks Wendy

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi Gazza16,

Thank you for purchasing HP Products.

I have checked HP website and there are no Win8 or Win8.1 drivers. Below is HP Deskjet 450 Mobile Printer Series driver link for your reference.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-deskjet-450-mobile-printer-series/81913

To assign an alternate print driver in Windows 8, hold your mouse arrow in the lower right, or upper right, corner of the screen to bring up the Charms Bar.  If you are using a touch screen, you can swipe your finger from the right side to the left. Select the Search Charm. Under the search box, click on Settings.
In the search box, type Devices.
Click on Devices and Printers.
Right-click on your printer.
Select Printer Properties.
Click on the Advanced tab.
Click on New Driver.
Click Next.
Select HP from the first list.
Deskjet 990 or Deskjet 970Cse or  Deskjet 9800 are all generic drivers.
    Click Next.
    Click Finish.
    Click Apply to save the changes.
Click OK to close the window.

Hope this help to resolve your issue.

I am a HP employee. I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.