Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Sir, 2 years ago my hp deskjet d1460 is working fine in Asus X54c . After 2 years when i placed new cartridge 21-22 no it is not printing. But  printer option  shows printing. In short through laptop control I could not make response to this printer.

Pl. suggest 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sir,  it is later can print, but before my seleted file print it print file name ,directory etc and thus wasted 1 page extra excess in every printing of my selected file print.  Now as suggested by expert  through online is is been  solved by  deselecting  "dicucument properties." in file option. Thanks much

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @492,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide:

First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

What operating system are you running?  Can you print a test page from the printer? 

1. Press and hold the power button ().

Figure : Power button

2. Raise and lower the product cover four times.

Figure : Raise product cover

Figure : Lower product cover

3. Release the power button (), and the self-test page prints.

Are you connecting to an electrical outlet or using a power/surge bar?  Have you run the Print and Scan Doctor? 

HP Printers - Using Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues

Please let me know the results.

Please click the “Thumbs Up” below to thank me for my efforts! If one of my posts help you to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please click the "Accept as Solution" so that others who may be having the same difficulty can find the answer more efficiently. Thanks for taking part in the HP Forums! 

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Sir,  it is later can print, but before my seleted file print it print file name ,directory etc and thus wasted 1 page extra excess in every printing of my selected file print.  Now as suggested by expert  through online is is been  solved by  deselecting  "dicucument properties." in file option. Thanks much

HP Recommended

Hi @492,

Thank you for the update.  I am glad you were able to resolve this difficulty. 

It is great that you posted the resolution to help other people who may have the same issue. 🙂

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.