Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Deskjet Ink Advantage 3835
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought Hp printer deskjet 3835 and I installed the software drivers on the CD that come with the printer but I still cannot print. I use windows 10 hp laptop, I can find and add the printer to my printers and devices in windows successfully but shortly after fully installing the printer its says drivers unavailable. 

I want to print via Wifi-Direct and the printer and PC are connected. When I press the scan button on the printer, my laptop is showing. But when I scan something to the pc, it cannot access, it says I must make sure the computer is switched on.

So I downoalded the windows 10 drivers for my model on the hp website and installed them.  I got stuck when the laptop says it could not commuincate with the printer. At the time, the printer is on, its wifi is showing as ready, the blue wifi light is flashing as it should. When I check on my printers & devices on windows, its showing as installed but drivers unavailable after I had installed the drivers countless times.

I've unistalled and reinstalled the drivers a few times but always get stuck when I have to print because windows says drivers unavailable and printer is offline while it clearly online and ready. 

What do I need to do to fix this issue. I don't have a usb cable or rounter and this is my only way of printing - wifi direct.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings @MrFratz,

Welcome to HP Forums and thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are unable to print after installing the printer software, do not have a router or a USB cable. 

Don't worry, I will be glad to help. 

If you do not have a router or a USB cable, wireless direct is the only option for you print to your printer. 

To use wireless direct, you do not have install the printer software on your computer. 

Turn wireless direct on the printer control panel, right-click on the wireless/network icon on your computer.

Your printer will be listed. Click on the printer and connect to the printer. 

You will be prompted for a password, which can be obtained by printing the network configuration page using the printer control panel

Once the printer is connected to your computer, you can print. 

If you want to scan, please download and install HP AIO remote on your computer from Windows store. 

Please refer to this HP Article for more information. 

Keep me posted. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.