Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 4500 G510g-m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I face a problem during installing my printer in a Network Installation via Ethernet at first everything seems to be good the printer is detected during the installation with the correct IP address assigned by the router but at the end i get an error message and i can't complete the installion or use my printer and i have been trying for days several solutions provided here in the forum, printer manual.... etc everywhere and nothing worked!!

I Don't understand what's the problem with that software it should be a simple network installation of a printer!

Can someone help me please urgently

Note that i tried the method provided here and it didn't work: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Software-and-Drivers/Network-installation-of-OfficeJet-4500-G5...

Here Are screenshots for my installation from the begenning till the error ...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@amrrr

Ideas

Consider the following:

• If your router supports both 5GHz and 2.4GHz, ensure you are connecting the printer to the 2.4GHz band.  (Printer does not support 5GHz.)

• For dual band routers (5GHz / 2.4GHz), assign a separate SSID (network name) to each band
  • If your router supports it, assign the Static IP address for the printer outside of the normal DHCP range used by your computer(s) and device(s)
  • At least during the initial installation, set the router to Broadcast
  • At least during testing and setup, plug the printer into a wall socket (as opposed to a surge protector or other device
  • To eliminate possible errors in configuration, consider shutting off devices not needed for the setup.  For example, shut off the XBox, tablets, other devices not needed during software installation of the printer software.
  • Keep at least one meter between router, printer, and computer (Too close is as bad as too far away - this is generally a "wireless" thing.)
  • Ensure you are trying to install the correct printer software

Printer that uses g-m software:

HP Officejet 4500 All-in-One Printer - G510g

HP Officejet 4500 All-in-One Printer G510g-m Full Feature Software and Driver

• Double check your model and ensure your particular printer supports Ethernet

Specifications

The following table contains connectivity options.
Series
USB
Wireless network
Wired network (Ethernet)
HP Officejet 4500 Wireless (G510n)
Yes
Yes
No
HP Officejet 4500 (G510g)
Yes
No
Yes
HP Officejet 4500 Desktop (G510a)
Yes
No
No

When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,

or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@amrrr

Ideas

Consider the following:

• If your router supports both 5GHz and 2.4GHz, ensure you are connecting the printer to the 2.4GHz band.  (Printer does not support 5GHz.)

• For dual band routers (5GHz / 2.4GHz), assign a separate SSID (network name) to each band
  • If your router supports it, assign the Static IP address for the printer outside of the normal DHCP range used by your computer(s) and device(s)
  • At least during the initial installation, set the router to Broadcast
  • At least during testing and setup, plug the printer into a wall socket (as opposed to a surge protector or other device
  • To eliminate possible errors in configuration, consider shutting off devices not needed for the setup.  For example, shut off the XBox, tablets, other devices not needed during software installation of the printer software.
  • Keep at least one meter between router, printer, and computer (Too close is as bad as too far away - this is generally a "wireless" thing.)
  • Ensure you are trying to install the correct printer software

Printer that uses g-m software:

HP Officejet 4500 All-in-One Printer - G510g

HP Officejet 4500 All-in-One Printer G510g-m Full Feature Software and Driver

• Double check your model and ensure your particular printer supports Ethernet

Specifications

The following table contains connectivity options.
Series
USB
Wireless network
Wired network (Ethernet)
HP Officejet 4500 Wireless (G510n)
Yes
Yes
No
HP Officejet 4500 (G510g)
Yes
No
Yes
HP Officejet 4500 Desktop (G510a)
Yes
No
No

When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,

or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot, everything is up and working now, your ideas were very helpful to figure out the problem, the problem was that the last driver update for my printer requires to have the last update of windows 10 (anniversary edition) to be fully functional over the network, once i updated it everything went well!

Thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

@amrrr

You are welcome.  I am pleased we could help.

Happy Printing!

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.