Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

H Xtera,

You can search and download “upd-pcl6-x64-6.0.0.18849” at:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/UPD/

However, I think to solve your problem (DOT4 port USB), you need to see this document:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01796821

Hope this helps.

Regards,

dungleviet

HP Recommended

Hello dungleviet67

I tried your suggested driver and followed the document without success: The computer does not detect the plug-in of USB cable at step 2 and the DOT4_001 cannot be found.

-----------------------

1. In the message window, click Finished.
  2. Connect the USB cable to the product, and connect the USB cable to the computer. A Device driver software was not successfully installed window opens.
  3. Click Close () to close the window.

-----------------------

I recall my Dell OptiPlex could not detect the USB port after I repartition the brand-new computer to divide it into 2 logical drives and tried to install device drivers via USB connection. I had to use CD to install driver and the Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller instead of USB 2.0. Not sure if this affects the DOT4 port disappearance.

My Dell computer still have few days warranty left but there is no device wtih yellow exclaimation mark at Device Manager to inquire them since the issue is with old HP Laserjet 1320 which ran perfectly in Windows 7 Professional until after upgrading to Windows 10.

Thank you.

HP Recommended
Hi,
You did to the end Step two of that document. Why don't you continue Step 3, 4, 5?
HP Recommended

The failure on step 2 described above prevents the Step 3 be completed:

"3. Click the drop down menu, and then change the port from LPT1 to USB or DOT4"

I will try to get back Windows 7 using stored ghost image, setup the printer and upgrade to Windows 10 again.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi Xtera,

Before get get back Windows 7 using stored ghost image, setup the printer and upgrade to Windows 10 again, you try to uninstall the existing drivers for the printer completely from Windows 10.

Let you try follow these steps:

1. Turn off your printer.
  2. Righ click “Windows” button, select "Programs and Feature", look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Uninstall".
  3. Righ click “Windows” button, select “Control Panel”, then select “View Devices and printers”, look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  4. Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  5. Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  6. Click on Drivers tab.
  7. Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  8. Select OK.
  9. Select Apply and OK.
  10. Close Devices and Printers.
  11. Restart computer.

Then reinstall drviers and do Steps in that document again.

dungleviet

HP Recommended
Hello dunglebiet67
Thank you for a great guideline to remove existing driver prior to installing new one.
However, I already wiped out the Windows 10 last night and restored Windows 7.
I want to be certain that all Intel device drivers are installed along with all Ms security and patches before trying to install HP laserjet 1320 driver. These steps are necessary to eliminate device driver issue separately from the flashing lights issue of the printer.
I will update this post with the outcome later.
Thank you again.
HP Recommended
Hi Xtera,

If you get Windows 7->ínstall driver printer ->upgrade to Windows 10 will no change, because Windows 10 will remove some drivers.
So, I think you need get Windows 7, upgrade to Windows 10, then ínstall driver for your printer.

Regards,

dungleviet
HP Recommended

Hello dungleviet67

You are correct that Windows 10 removed the Windows 7's printer driver after the upgrade.

In Windows 10, I followed the document link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01796821

At Step two: Install the driver, there was no such window opened at step 11.

11. Connect the USB cable to the product, and connect the USB cable to the computer. A Device driver software was not successfully installed window opens.

At  Step three: Configure the driver, there was no USB or  DOT4 port to change to from LPT1.

At Step four: Update the Device Manager, the instruction was for Windows 7, not Windows 10, therefore the Other Devices was not available.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

This install .exe file worked for me, instantly in trying to print via USB from Win 10.

http://www.helpjet.net/Fs-94182970-80177087-33994609.html

All the best!

HP Recommended

That is the answer I was looking for!

Thank-you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.