Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 plus
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I use a wireless connection for the printer.  It is connected, good signal, wireless network test comes back perfect.  But printer is not being recognised and cannot be picked up.   Has been working fine with no problem - used everyday.

This has happened before but I've resolved it using ScanDoctor - but this is not working for me this time.  I have tried for the last two hours to get it to work.  Switched off and on - same with pc.  All looks good but printer is not being recognised by any device (phone, iPad, etc)  But it is showing on the printer that it is!  

Reluctant to remove device in case I never get it connected again!

Please help as I'm desperate.  I have to get stuff printed off.  Please put any answers in language that a numskull will understand and be able to follow! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@fozzybear1 wrote:

Thanks Kudos.  I've done that and the blue light is not lit but everything else indicates that the printer is connected.

Indicates the wireless is off or the light is not functioning.  Try resetting the printer back to Factory Defaults and check that light again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Easy stuff first.  Power off printer and router.  Power on router and wait 3 mins.  Power on printer and verify it connects to your router.  Status of blue wireless light at this time, on, off or flashing?   Status now?

HP Recommended

Thanks Kudos.  I've done that and the blue light is not lit but everything else indicates that the printer is connected.

HP Recommended

@fozzybear1 wrote:

Indicates the wireless is off or the light is not functioning.  Try resetting the printer back to Factory Defaults and check that light again.

HP Recommended

Thanks - that worked.  Phew, what a relief.  Mind you, I've gone and bought a printer cable now to have as back up just in case :)!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.