Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3050A J611

Hello,

When I print my documents, the printer cuts off the headers and footers. I am using Microsoft Word 2013 and have checked to make sure the margins are sset as narrow in Word, yet the printer cuts off my headers and footers. An error message displays that reads the document is out of printing zones. Is this an error with my printer, and if so, what is the solution? Thanks so much. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@jun_per

The specifications lack any information on "margins" restrictions.  In general, the top and size margins might be restricted to .11 inch, while (for some printers / paper) the bottom might be .5 inches.

IF the printer likes / restricts the top / bottom margin to .5 inches, then the Word "Narrow" margin setting might be in conflict with the printer's ability to print the document.

You could perhaps change the document's margins to "Normal" or something similar.

You can also adjust the settings individually.

Word document > File > Print > Click Page Setup > tab Layout

Check to see where your Headers and footers are set as compared to the overall "Narrow margins" setting.

You can adjust the Header and Footers down / up away from the document's / paper's edge.

Example:

Word document > Insert > Footer (drop down menu) >

(look at bottom of available footer settings) Edit Footer > adjust as desired

General Help, suggestions, and examples:

Manage Print Output with Print Preview

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@jun_per

The specifications lack any information on "margins" restrictions.  In general, the top and size margins might be restricted to .11 inch, while (for some printers / paper) the bottom might be .5 inches.

IF the printer likes / restricts the top / bottom margin to .5 inches, then the Word "Narrow" margin setting might be in conflict with the printer's ability to print the document.

You could perhaps change the document's margins to "Normal" or something similar.

You can also adjust the settings individually.

Word document > File > Print > Click Page Setup > tab Layout

Check to see where your Headers and footers are set as compared to the overall "Narrow margins" setting.

You can adjust the Header and Footers down / up away from the document's / paper's edge.

Example:

Word document > Insert > Footer (drop down menu) >

(look at bottom of available footer settings) Edit Footer > adjust as desired

General Help, suggestions, and examples:

Manage Print Output with Print Preview

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info. What worked for me is to go into Page Layout and Adjust the line spacing form zero 0 pt to 6" pt

I am now able to view and print the Page Number Footers without it getting cutoff.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.