Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet J3600 series
Microsoft Windows XP

Cannot find a fix for this problem.  I did reinstall the printer to no avail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@mlgoodin52044, thanks for your response and time.

Thanks for trying out the steps.

Please download and install IE8 on your PC directly from Microsoft website and check if it helps.

Download internet explorer using this link.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello, @mlgoodin52044 – Hope you are well 🙂

Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others.

I understand that you are having issues while printing emails on your Officejet J3600 printer. To better assist you with the issue, I need to know the following details:

1. What is your email account (Gmail, Yahoo, etc.)?
  2. Are you using a web-browser to access your emails (Chrome, Internet explorer etc.) or are you using Outlook?
  3. Are you facing any issues while printing regular documents from your PC?

If the other documents are working fine, I would suggest using a different browser to access your emails and to print them. For eg. If you are using Internet explorer, then try and use Google chrome and try to print.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Dvortex - To answer your questions

1.  att

2.  do not use webmail to access my email - I use Outlook Express.

3.  I can print notepad and pdf without problems.

Thanks foir responding

HP Recommended

Hello, @mlgoodin52044

Thanks for the update 🙂

I did some digging and it seems that the problem is really related to the combination of Outlook Express 6 and Internet Explorer 8. The solution provided is to install the Internet Explorer 7, uninstall IE8, and then restart the computer. Follow the steps if unsure:

1. Download the IE7 from here - http://hp.care/2lVkRbc

2. Go to Control Panel - Add or RemovePrograms - Uninstall Windows Internet Explorer 8 

3. Restart the PC and try printing again.

That should do the trick!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended
Thanks. I will try and let you know.
HP Recommended

@mlgoodin52044, Thanks for your response.

Did you try the steps mentioned in the previous thread and is your printer printing fine?

Do you need any assistance or help in troubleshooting>

I'll watch your reply!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have not yet had a chance to work the steps suggested by Dvorak.   Will try to find the time today.

HP Recommended

When I try to download IE 7 I'm told it is incompatible with my system 32 bit.

HP Recommended

@mlgoodin52044, thanks for your response and time.

Thanks for trying out the steps.

Please download and install IE8 on your PC directly from Microsoft website and check if it helps.

Download internet explorer using this link.

Let me know if this helps!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.