Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4575

Want to know if and when Windows 10 driver will be available for HP Officejet 4575.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

AS soon as Windows 10 is released, the driver is verified to be operational, it will be posted on the HP web site.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

AS soon as Windows 10 is released, the driver is verified to be operational, it will be posted on the HP web site.

HP Recommended

I beg to differ, kind sir.  When my HP Officejet 4500 would not print (Ethernet connected to router) after upgrading my HP Pavilion Touchscreen laptop, I called HP and they said they HAVE the updated Win10 drivers for the HP printer, but they decided NOT go upload the drivers and make them free to consumers with compatible printers for Win10.  Instead, they wanted me to pay $149.00 to update the printer with Win10 drivers, and they would add extended troubleshooting coverage on my HP Pavilion Touchscreen laptop.  

If I am wrong and SOMEONE has the Win10 printer drivers for the HP Officejet 4500 G5610g-m, then I will eat my hat.  If you look for the driver, you will notice it is for WinXP, SP1, and NOT Win10 (unless they added the drivers this week).

I thought the countdown clock on the top of this webpage indicated the date on which HP will upload the Win10 printer (and other device) drivers.

I am grateful, however, that I have been able to save so much in ink these last few weeks.  I can get faxes to the printer, so if I get desperate, I email my document to a friend and ask them to fax it to me.  

I love when allegedly reputable companies that followed the American Dream and started a business in a garage now hold the American citizens' feet to the fire when they need something. America has bought so many HP products; it cannot give us a single break?

Marcia

HP Recommended

I have an HP Officejet 4630.  When I installed Windows 10 it wouldn't print from my programs.  Uninstalled and reinstalled all the latest full support drivers.  The printer scans to my computer and prints test pages but no printing Word documents, Chrome documents or any other programs.  I had to uninstall Windows 10 to get the printer working again.  HP needs to update it's drivers for Windows 10.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, but i know they are not usable.

THEY HAVE RENAMED THE FILES and are not recognized becasue of the name change.

The PL6 driver works for my prniter in black and white but have not tried it in color. Scanner has to be installed and run separatly.   I still did  not get the fax working.  Recommendation they say:   USE windows FAX & Scan,

That  tells me the scanner uploads and thet we print or fax mannaully.

I have not retried windows fax & scan yet.   

Older programs?  Older versions.

I relaized it was not my error but reinstalleds the Scanner with alower version Windows 8.1.  The scanner took off on me in seconds.

Good luck,

Erik Vagen    

t/a New jersey Live Musicians LLC 

HP Recommended

My ethernet went down and eventually works at a later time.  It was not the cable.

It finnaly worked and asked me to use USB.  I did give up on that.  I now have both betwrok and USB plugged in.

Erik

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem with an HP Envy 5660. I guess i'll have to purchase another printer, but you can bet it won't be an HP. 

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.