Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Photosmart C5200
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can print and copy normal documents but when i change the text in a document and try to print the computer sends the signal the printer shows "Now printing" then stops!. I've tried disconnecting & reconnecting the printer but it makes no differnce.   Stan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Flossi,

Thank you for your reply and I appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting.

The printer cannot discriminate on what it is printing. I think the old documents are somehow corrupted which can cause this issue. Try printing from some other applications and check. If the issue is only happening with the old documents, then the issue is with the word app that you are using. 

I recommend you to reinstall the word and check.

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @Flossi, Hope you are well!

Thanks for engaging in the HP Forums! I see by your post that you are experiencing issues while printing. I will certainly do my best to help you.

Let’s first try to fix this issue using HP Print and Scan Doctor (PSDR). PSDR is an automated tool which can diagnose and resolve printing and scanning problems. Please go to http://hp.care/2bZ9w2q to download and run HP PSDR. Once you open the program, click on “fix printing” to automatically diagnose and fix the printing issue.

Hope that helps. Let me know!

Have a good day 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi Dvortex, As suggested I tried the Doctor -fix printing- Result "Everything checks out with your product"Where to now ?  Kind Regards Flossi

HP Recommended

Hello @Flossi,

Thank you for your reply.

Your issue looks like a driver glitch on your computer. Let's try to completely uninstall the old drivers and reinstall the new updated ones. Try the steps below:

Let me know how that goes!

Cheers 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi Dvortex, I have 8 entries for my HP Printer do I unistall or only "Driver Software" ?   Or all 8 ?          get a waning when I atempt to unistall "Removal of thisprogram is not reecomended if you are going to continue to use the All In One Printer "  Do I ignore that warning ? Thanks for your hlep  Stan

HP Recommended

Hello @Flossi,

Thank you for your reply.

I would suggest you uninstall all the entries which start with "HP Photosmart". You can ignore the warning and continue with the uninstall.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thank you Dvortex ,I tried your link, but it was not successful however HP referred me to another link and  I installed successfully but with reservation !!   I was able to alter recent documents and print OK, but when I tried to print other files some 6months old the printer loaded, made a lot of noise trying to reach the next stage then ejected a blank sheet with screen showing"Paper Jam" ! There was no jam , so when I changed my document to a new one it printed OK. In other words my printer discriminates which docs it will print ! Have you come across this before ?   Flossi

HP Recommended

Hello @Flossi,

Thank you for your reply and I appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting.

The printer cannot discriminate on what it is printing. I think the old documents are somehow corrupted which can cause this issue. Try printing from some other applications and check. If the issue is only happening with the old documents, then the issue is with the word app that you are using. 

I recommend you to reinstall the word and check.

Good luck 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.