Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP DESKJET F380
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard

Hi i have a macbook pro , which has just had El Capitan installed to speed it up ,it seems to work siccessfully , all info that was backed up on a mobile usb g drive has been re installed with no problem .

However i am not able to print , no errror messages are displayed , the mac seems to tell the printer to print but nothing happens , the printer will work when connected to a old laptop that is not a mac .

Iaccept this printer is a old model but it fulfills my needs as i am not a prolific printer.

Please  can somebody help or advise.

I am a uk resident , unfortunately this option did not show on the drop down menu , so usa was selected so as to progress .

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi reded1,

I use a Mac at home and understand continuing to use an older printer, especially if it still provides what you need. I found an article on HP Support about slow printing with the Mac. I know you're not having an issue with slow printing, but that your Mac won't even communicate with your printer. If you skip to Step 2 on the page, however, it walks you through adjusting your print driver settings, uninstalling and reinstalling your driver, and even checking your network status. Hopefully something on this page will help resolve this communication issue. If not, let me know and I'll search further.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Deskjet-F300-All-in-One-Printer-series/1129389/model/1129390/...

Thanks,

SE_Video

Say "thanks" by clicking the Kudos thumbs up!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!

I am an HP Employee
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.