Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4500 & HP Pavilion

The problem started yesterday when my internet was playing up, after turning off the router and rebooting it my laptop told me my printer was offline. Tried turning printer off then on again, checked online status-wifi is on and working, ran printer diagnostics-all fine, checked both laptop and printer are on same IP address - both are. Tried uninstalling printer, it is now showing as a greyed out image in control panel; wont completely remove or re-install. Getting slightly irritated now! Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @DanielleH123,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. 

For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you are having connectivity issues on your HP Envy 4500 printer. I'll be really glad to help you with this,

Please make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

Hard reset on the printer, router, computer and other devices on the same network.

The following steps temporarily disconnect network and Internet connections and require restarting your computer. Complete any tasks or downloads in progress before continuing.

1. Press the Power button on the printer to turn it off.

2. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

3. Disconnect the power cord from the wireless router.

4. Turn off the computer.

5. Wait for 30 seconds.

6. Reconnect the power cord to the wireless router.

7. Wait for 30 seconds, or until the router is fully on and ready

8. Turn the computer back on.

9. Wait for the computer to reload

10. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

11. Turn the printer back on.

Let's try these steps here:

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Restart the PC

14.) Now download and install the full feature software, using this link.

This should help to resolve the issue, if the issue persists, I would suggest you try to assign a manual IP and creating a TCP/IP port should resolve printer offline issue.

Watch the video to know how to assign a manual IP on HP Printer: http://hp.care/2cqpl6p   

Refer this to create a TCP/IP port: http://hp.care/2dxUJQo   

For more details, HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows) - Click here

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @DanielleH123,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. 

For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you are having connectivity issues on your HP Envy 4500 printer. I'll be really glad to help you with this,

Please make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

Hard reset on the printer, router, computer and other devices on the same network.

The following steps temporarily disconnect network and Internet connections and require restarting your computer. Complete any tasks or downloads in progress before continuing.

1. Press the Power button on the printer to turn it off.

2. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

3. Disconnect the power cord from the wireless router.

4. Turn off the computer.

5. Wait for 30 seconds.

6. Reconnect the power cord to the wireless router.

7. Wait for 30 seconds, or until the router is fully on and ready

8. Turn the computer back on.

9. Wait for the computer to reload

10. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

11. Turn the printer back on.

Let's try these steps here:

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Restart the PC

14.) Now download and install the full feature software, using this link.

This should help to resolve the issue, if the issue persists, I would suggest you try to assign a manual IP and creating a TCP/IP port should resolve printer offline issue.

Watch the video to know how to assign a manual IP on HP Printer: http://hp.care/2cqpl6p   

Refer this to create a TCP/IP port: http://hp.care/2dxUJQo   

For more details, HP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows) - Click here

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you! That resolved it 🙂

HP Recommended
This has now happened again, have followed the steps which worked last time and are now not working. Laptop cannot find printer to reinstall it even though I have double checked the settings on the printer and all is working fine there. This is a very tedious issue to have to deal with every couple of months. Getting fed up of constant issues with this laptops connectivity.
HP Recommended

@DanielleH123,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to connect you HP ENVY 4500 e-All-in-One Printer to your laptop.

This issue could occur if the wireless setup is not correct.

Let's go through a few steps to troubleshoot this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Wireless Printer Setup (Windows)

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.