Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8610

I can not make any changes to my printer.  It says "this feature has been locked by your administrator or by the person who set up the printer."  I am the sole owner of this printer, I am not sure how this setting was enabled, but I need to be able to change the settings so I can log on to the internet at my Father's house.  Thank you Sincerely KD

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

When I access the settings it will not let me reset it.  It reads "the feature has been locked by your administrator or the person who set up the printer."  Please send additional information.  Thank you for your help.  KD

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @kd_,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums!

I see that your HP Officejet Pro 8610 Printer has additional security settings enabled so you can't access any settings. I would be happy to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

This is a security feature that was enabled from the printer's embedded web server settings. 

Are you able to access the printer's front panel menu settings?

There are two ways to help resolve this. The first way is to restore the network defaults or by performing a Semi-Full Reset.

To restore the printer to the original network settings:
1. From the printer control panel, touch and slide your finger across the screen, touch Setup, and
then touch Network Setup.
2. Touch Restore Network Defaults, and then touch Yes.
A message appears stating that the network defaults have been restored.
3. Touch OK.
4. Print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been reset.

Source

Once restored, the username and password should default to: 

• Username: ADMIN
  • Password: (blank)

If this does not resolve the issue, we need to perform the Semi-Full Reset. Let me know the outcome.

Please respond to this post with the results. Good Luck! 

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

When I access the settings it will not let me reset it.  It reads "the feature has been locked by your administrator or the person who set up the printer."  Please send additional information.  Thank you for your help.  KD

HP Recommended

I tried to reset to default and it is still saying locked my administrator.

Please advise

HP Recommended

@ngheb0

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about Community posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.